Honored Contributor

BEACH COTTAGE ON THE EDGE OF BRITAIN

Blogger extraordinaire "Cote de Texas" gets the most incredible photos.  Funnily enough, I've seen this famous one-room, 1920's beach hut in Cornwall in other iterations, but this is the latest, and I think most successful.  It's just been sold, apparently.  Some will remember it from a Demi Moore thriller, "Half Light".   It's been photographed and photographed.

33292-highres-1400x872.jpg

The beautiful Cornish coast, unfurling below the tiny cottage:

83515_1655_IMG_07_0001.jpeg

I love anything to do with Cornwall, b/c of the romantic history, b/c of Daphne du Maurier, b/c a big part of my Dad's family is from western England, Cornwall's neighbor Devon.  So beautiful.

View from the porch!

93035-highres.jpg

The landward side:

139917-v1-gallery@2x.jpg 

Original stone fireplace.  Love the little touches, like the small painting above that charming door: 

121819-v4-gallery@2x.jpg

Can't imagine waking up to that view every day.

93023-highres.jpg

83515_1655_IMG_03_0000.jpeg

Looking from the bed/sitting room end of the room, toward kitchen end, with butcher block countertop, Smeg frig, cute dining table:

121818-v3-672pxh.jpg

The lean-to bathroom, which is a "wet room",  i.e., the shower is the entire room!   Not my favorite, but a space saver.

93034-highres-1400x2070.jpg

Apparently, for the movie "Half Light",  they pretended the cottage had a separate bedroom, so this one front room could be strictly a sitting room.  It's darling!

2021-05-30 (96).png

Through the magic of movies, they created an adjoining separate bedroom.

If anyone saw "Half Light", I'd love to hear your opinion.  "Cote" seemed to think it was a pretty good thriller.

2021-05-30 (6).png

Cote is so obligingly thorough, providing a map for geography nerds like me and maybe you.  The cottage is very near red-circled Bude, on the Atlantic side of Cornwall.

2021-05-29 (6)_LI.jpg

She also throws in, as a bonus, some rooms of Restormel Manor, a Cornish residence where Prince Charles spends summers.  What a pretty, comfy, unpretentious sitting room.

massey_hg_lostwithiel_0075.jpg

There's tons more pictures of this dreamy corner of the world at her site, "Cote de Texas".  

Trusted Contributor

Re: BEACH COTTAGE ON THE EDGE OF BRITAIN

Love the cottage! I could easily spend a week or two there.

I really, really like the last photo. So warm, comfy and cozy and nice color appointments. Maybe Charles would invite me for tea. LOL. Just kidding.Woman TongueWoman Wink

Thanks for another great post @Oznell 

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful cottage.  Perfect to spend time there to  relax, reflect and rejuvenate. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Thanks for the images!  Fascinating!  Do you are others know the crest on the teapot?  Doesn't seem to be Mariage Freres or Fortnum's. . . 

Respected Contributor

Wow...I would be happy to live out the rest of my days there. Just stunningly isolated which I would love. Especially with that landscape.

Honored Contributor

What a fabulous location and view.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Wow..........just adorable!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm more in love with the location and view rather than the decor but I could definitely make it work with a few changes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I love everything about this beautiful cottage.

Honored Contributor

So very charming!!!Smiley Happy