Respected Contributor

Do they have a strong throw?  What about ED candles?

Honored Contributor

ED on Air candles barely have any scent at all. You have to be within 2-3 feet of the ones I have to smell them. I won't repurchase.

I don't know about BBW candles.

Regular Contributor

Most BBW candles do have a strong throw; however, I have gotten a couple in the past that did not.  If I am considering a scent I have not tried before, I will read the reviews online before I buy them, whether online or in the store.  ED candles are very lightly scented, not what I am looking for in a candle.  I gave them to my mother because she doesn't like strong scents.  I won't be ordering them again.

Esteemed Contributor
I don't think you can beat Yankee candle and how much scent they throw off. BBW are good but I think Yanke candle has more scent.
Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday Just got a mailing from Kohl's and they are having a sale on Yankee candles and accessories of 25% off starting 10/13 for a limited time.  This may be a good deal - if Kohl's doesn't raise the retail price as they do on so many of their merchandise.  A few weeks ago I bought a set of towels on sale and their listed "regular" price was around $50.00.  Now same set is listed at $75.00 lol.  Crazy.

Esteemed Contributor
With kohls I never look at the tag price. Because it is always a % off unless it is but one get one half off. I believe thir candles are the same price as Yankee charges so 25% off would be a good deal. I bought a really cute wax warmer from Amazon and stocked up on a bunch of Yankee tartes when I went to the mall. They smell so good. My mom couldn't believe it filled up the entire down stairs.
Honored Contributor

Most of the BBW candles have a good throw.  I have purchased a few that were too weak.  You can always take them back if you don't like them.... no questions asked,

i like their LEAVES and TIS THE SEASON candles..  I have a closet full of them just in case those scents are discontinued.

I have never tried ED candles,

Respected Contributor

The ED candles I purchased tunneled terribly and had very little throw. I would never try them again. 

Super Contributor

BBW candles DO have a strong throw.

I just started using "Autumn" which is my go-to Fall candle.  I have 3 in my living room and burned them yesterday for couple of hours.  This morning I had to go shopping and when I came back home and opened the front door, I could smell the scent.  LOVE the "Autumn".  So for the months of Oct and Nov, my home has a soft, delightful scent of apples and Autumn.

Starting Dec. 1 each year, I burn "Fresh Balsam" and that scent also lingers.  It's a true balsam scent -- not phony evergreen scent.

I also stock up on these when BBW has a sale.

Trusted Contributor

b & b works candles are the only ones i buy.. usually stock up at least 3 or 4 x a yr. they just had a sale, buy 1 get 1.. plus 20% off.. i bought 8! they have great deals from nov - jan. you just have to keep looking for there deals.. they are expensive, so i only get them during a big sale... and yes the scents do last..