Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of Bath Fitters.   If you don’t like what you have now, don’t slap an expensive, pretty overlay on it and feel better.   Covering up a problem just adds another layer of problems, fix it the right way to begin with.   

We used ReBath for both of our bathroom makeovers; got rid of our fiberglass fixtures, and feel it was $8,000 well spent.   Fixed right, and it’s done.

Regular Contributor

I went though Re-bath a couple of years ago. I have mixed feelings about it still. If i could go back in time, i probably wouldn't go through them again. The sales person came out in November, I liked what he had to say so i put half down on the spot. He told me 6-8 weeks and it didn't get done until 13 weeks later. They were also very expensive. The end result looks nice, but i should have just had a handyman do it for half the price.

Honored Contributor

My relative just had both bathrooms redone (thru Home Depot) and I think it was ReBath company.  They came out and measured the tub/wall areas -- a fiberglass surround with a subway tile look was manufactured.

The contractors took down all the walls to the studs(put in new backer board), replaced bathtub, new fixtures and surround walls.  The bathrooms had mold behind the walls and floors.  The people who lived there prior just put a acrylic overlay over walls & tub -- what a mess☹️.

They replaced the flooring, vanity, lighting & completed the project in 2 days!  

Im thinking of doing the same in my guest bath -- just the tiled area -- no more "grout" to clean🙂.

Whoever was the contractor did a great job!!!  The bathrooms are beautiful.  

Valued Contributor

@Carmie  Thank you!  That is so good to know!

Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1  Is ReBath similar to Bath Fitters?

Honored Contributor

@Maineblueberries 

I'm not sure but they literally tore out everything to the studs.  The surround is sheets fabricated to  resemble subway tile.  The tub was replaced with acrylic updated from old cast iron.

HomeDepot was the contractor & it was about $9,500 for a small bath.  It was expensive because they had mold behind the overlay surround in the walls and under tub that previous owner installed.  Obviously, there was a leak somewhere -- unfortunately they didn't discover until they removed the rugs ...mold up the closet walls behind the bathroom🙄. contractor did all remediation & installed everything to perfection.

I was in HD today and I saw. they have same set up in store. You might check it out🙂

Honored Contributor

We went to a friends house that just used bathfitters for two bathrooms....about $8,000 each....I was not impressed with the final look, but they thought it looked nice....

If I was going to spend that much money I would have a construction company do the work, local people.

We got a bid for a stand up standard size shower and a standard size tub and shower, gut job...both areas were about $8,000 each.  To much money for this house at this location.  I am going to have one bath room restored, the product has a 5 year warranty and have the other bathroom gutted, hopefully...we are waiting on the 2nd bid for the gut job...hoping it is under $8,000.00