Valued Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with Bathfitters for bathtub or shower?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BATH FITTERS

[ Edited ]

While we didn’t use Bath Fitters we did use ReBath for all three bathrooms and are very happy with the results. Two were done in 2017 and the other just a couple of months ago. They did a great job, looks very nice, easier to clean. A bit pricy but what isn’t these days. They took all the old cultured marble off the walls down to the studs, replaced the waterproof back board and were done in two days. Our master bath was converted from a tub to a shower and I love it.

Respected Contributor

Not really but we did call them out for an estimate.  They wanted $10,000 just to do the tub area.  Way too high for me.  A year later we had the bathroom completed remodeled for $9,000.

Also, they called for months after my appointment to see if I reconsidered.  They were a real pain.

Occasional Contributor

BathFitter replaced our 28 year old tub/shower to a walk-in shower last summer.  Husband couldn't rave about them enough (he's retired; i'm still working so I wasn't home for the reno).  Husband is a very, very particular man!  What a terrific Bathfitter guy - only one to do the whole job, very professional yet pleasant/friendly enough.  Cleaned up everything incredibly well & hauled it off.  Ever so slightly dusty, but nothing that one paper towel couldn't handle.  We had a question/concern afterward and the office staff was most helpful and pleasant.  I would recommend BathFitter to any/everyone.

Respected Contributor

When we wanted a new tub/shower a few years ago, we looked into both Bath Fitter and Re-Bath. Both had good and bad reviews.

We ultimately went with Re-Bath. They did a fantastic job. They were in and out the same day and cleaned up all the mess.

Trusted Contributor

We had our hall bath remodeled but kept the original tub.  The tub surround was retiled, as was the floor and installed a new vanity, commode and tub and sink fixtures all around.  We had the tub reglazed instead of replacing it.  Big mistake.  The glaze lasted exactly one year - the length of the warranty.  I called Bathfitter and asked if they could cover our tub with one of their tubs.  Yes was the answer.  Guy comes out and says no, we would have to sign up for the complete bathtub/shower surround in order to have the tub replaced.  I distinctly told them when I called what I wanted and was assured that they were able to do that.  Anyway, the sales fellow was extremely nice and came back later to tell us if the new tile around the tub had been marble they would have made an exception - but not in our case.  It was nice of him to do, but we still have the tub with the chipped finish in the bathroom - fortunately, you can't really see it with the shower curtain unless you are getting in the tub.  Replacing the tub will be hard due to our stair layout but eventurally we will get to it.

Respected Contributor

Re: BATH FITTERS

[ Edited ]

We used them for a bathroom in a house that we rented to relatives.  They did a beautiful job.  But sometime later the tub wouldn't drain.  We ended up hiring "real" plumbers.  Turned out BF had left part of the old drain pipe IN the drain.  Never again.

Honored Contributor

Love ours.

Would use the again if we had to.

Valued Contributor

What I didn't like about Bath Fitters was their sales pitch.  When they gave me their estimate,  I said that it was more than I planned on spending.  Only then did they start lowering the price by asking me if  I had been in the military,  what my profession was, etc.  They apparently give discounts for certain things that were not asked about  initially.  AND, I had to agree on the spot for them to do  it or I wouldn't get the discount. It turned out that it was cheaper to have real tile put in my shower.  

Honored Contributor

My son who works in heating, plumbing and AC is adamant about hating any of the tub over tub installations.

He has had to pull out and redo many of these remodels over the years.  Apparently, when things go bad it is a nightmare.  He also said they are too expensive and pure junk...a quick fix.