Respected Contributor

B E. S. E. A. T. E. D. Frustrating search but finally......

Yesterday after checking the local recycle / thrift shops, I tried the home furnishings stores.  Found a small rocking recliner in sage green that was truly comfortable and LazyBoy had their annual sale.

Well, the sales rep said that after checking inventory: it was being manufactured now and not available for shipping until early March.       Since this was for our Naples condo, the timing did not work for us as we would be getting ready for going home.

On a last minute decision, we stopped at Sears ( which after this past Summer's refrigerator fiasco ) which was not high on my list.  You guessed it: there was a LazyBoy, sage green rocker recliner, same size, a little more cushioning, and $100 LESS than LazyBoy's sale price.  Better yet, we pick it up in a few days !!!!

It pays to shop around.  I recognize that the chair may have been last year's model as the newer not available one was slightly more streamlined, but it filled the bill quicker and more cheaply.

Glad I game them a second chance !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: B E. S. E. A. T. E. D. Frustrating search but finally......

Newest model doesn't matter as long as the chair is comfortable and the mechanism works well.  Sounds like a really good deal.

Just as an aside - the first year I owned here on the east coast of Florida, I found a wonderful table for my dining room in a local consignment and had it delivered 2 days before I left to go north for the summer.  That was 2003 and I still love that table! 

Hope your new chair gives thew same pleasure.   PS -  I love Naples!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz

Can you post a picture of it?

I have become very frustrated during my chair/loveseat searches.

1. Really hate the puffy, oversized pillow look.  Looks cheap to me.Smiley Frustrated

2. Don't want furniture that has to be plugged in.

3. Want a beautiful sage green or a rich forest.  Beautiful greens seem hard to find.

~Quack

Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

@jlkz

Can you post a picture of it?

I have become very frustrated during my chair/loveseat searches.

1. Really hate the puffy, oversized pillow look.  Looks cheap to me.Smiley Frustrated

2. Don't want furniture that has to be plugged in.

3. Want a beautiful sage green or a rich forest.  Beautiful greens seem hard to find.

~Quack

I just had this conversation with my daughter this morning about greens.  She is moving into a new apartment andwants to do an accent wall in a green but said they can be reallly awful or really lovely.

Respected Contributor

@Quackeroo

We pick up the chair next Friday....will post a picture !

Agree about the overstuffed chairs.  If there is a LazyBoy Home Furnishings store near you, they should have the new chair on the floor,  just not in inventory.

Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@millieshops

Last year right before we left for the North, we found a phenomenal table and 6 chairs at the Naples Salvation Army Thrift Store.  Heavy metal scroll backed chairs with velour seats to accompany a table that has wrought iron base, thick glass surrounded by a " whitewash type finish frame " for $ 700.image.jpeg

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Better wait until it's in your possession in good condition before singing Sear's praises too loudly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Believe me, if it is not acceptable, it will not even leave the store.  They will take it out of the box so that we can separate it into its 2 parts to fit into our vehicle.

Had problems with a new refrigerator that died within 10 days of delivery at our rental property at the NJ shore this summer.  Long, long story short: they replaced it but in the meantime, gave us a college dorm refrigerator because our tenant had a baby with them.    

The dorm item was to compensate us for our trouble.  ( Some stores that have " Sears " on their building are really franchise operations and have very restrictive policies as far as replacements. )

Sir Winston Churchill