Frequent Contributor

Re: Awesome Pre-Wash Stain Remover

[ Edited ]

Smiley Happy Thanks Drizzellla

I was surprised to see this Thread re: Awesome

Yrs. ago I saw it at the Dollar Store & decided to try it. I'm not sure which one I purchased back then (currently on the bottle it say's Awesome All Purpose). I was SURPRISED at how well it works on clothes. My first experience using it on a stain, a blouse w/ink on it, I sprayed it on the blouse put in washer w/alittle detergent & after a short time stopped the cycle & let sit overnight. Stain gone. Decided to try on whites:  t-shirts, socks etc. using the Awesome w/detergent & found better results for 'whites'. (previously used bleach & found the stain returned). Then I decided to add to all laundry for better cleaning.

My personal experience it works & at an amazing ;-) price!

P.S. Some time ago, I read an article re: washing clothes (paraphrasing) it said soaking for 2 hrs. ? is all that's necessary. I find w/Stains overnight works for me & with certain clothes that require deeper cleaning I do the same. 

Honored Contributor

Darcey - I am so tempted to go back and buy more. For $1 I can't go wrong. I can't stop looking at the blue and white top. I am so pleased with the results. The white looks like it is new. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

drizzella, I can't see yur orignal post 'the Awesome yu purchased', as mentioned the name on my bottle is 'all purpose'. For a $1 it would seem a product culdn't produce such good results, I used to laugh saying this is AWESOME. ;-) We sometimes get a larger bottle when available.

If you decide to get more of the one you have I would agree ;-). I never had a problem w/it ruining clothes. In fact, I don't buy anything but Awesome & clothes detergent. I believe yu when yu say the 'white looks like it is new'. :-)

What a good feeling to get a stain out especially after it has been awhile. That's the reason I believed in this product, I had that experience, as well.

For general laundry cleaning yu can check the bottle of the one yu use & it should say how much to add to a load of laundry. After using it for so long I got used to pouring it in without measure & have had no problems.  And, for 'whites' keeps them in better condition. Any questions, let me know.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I use the other versions - all purpose and CLR as well. The CLR does a wonderful job of getting the hard water scum off our shower at camp, though the scent is very strong - i have to spray the shower while holding my breath then run out of the room and close the door. I give it a while for the fan to get the air clear then I go in and wipe down the shower.The white shower enclosure literally shines afterward. I use the all purpose for many things around the house - esp to get my tile grout clean - paired with a magic eraser they are impossible to beat. I did find , though , not a good product for windows - streaks! 

Super Contributor

Are you ladies talking about LA's totally Awesome detergent that is at the Dollar Tree?  I saw this today but wasn't sure I had the right product.  I didn't see a pretreat stain release for laundry, or are you using the regular detergent as a pretreat also?  

I saw the detergent, a general all purpose cleaner and an oxi type powder.

Am I on the right track?  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

In total agreement.

Honored Contributor

@grandma_2_2 wrote:

Are you ladies talking about LA's totally Awesome detergent that is at the Dollar Tree?  I saw this today but wasn't sure I had the right product.  I didn't see a pretreat stain release for laundry, or are you using the regular detergent as a pretreat also?  

I have never heard it is from LA but it is at the dollar store and it is called awesome. There is a laundry pretreat and an awesome oxygen powder like oxiwash as well as a CLR dupe and the all purpose cleaner. I have tried tthem all.They are fabulous.

Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@grandma_2_2 wrote:

I have never heard it is from LA but it is at the dollar store and it is called awesome. There is a laundry pretreat and an awesome oxygen powder like oxiwash as well as a CLR dupe and the all purpose cleaner. I have tried tthem all.They are fabulous.

Thanks for replying.  The bottles I saw say "L.A.'s totally" in small letters right above the "Awesome" name.  I just want to get the right thing.  I will keep looking as I am anxious to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla

Is this the one?

las-totally-awesome-all-purpose-cleaner-review-21534459.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

The one I bought looks like this  -

LA’s Totally Awesome Laundry Pre-Wash Stain Remover, 32 oz.