Esteemed Contributor

<3 It doesn't get much better than teak and quality leather! I'd read for hours and be very content and comfy. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I would put a different chair in that spot.  I am not crazy about style shown.

Respected Contributor

Not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

The chair looks very uncomfortable to me.  Not only the shape, but the leather.  Do not like leather furniture.

Respected Contributor

Re: Augusto Chair & Ottoman

[ Edited ]

Works for me!  I would change out some of the mirrors and other items, but that chair looks comfortable.  Love the design, love leather chairs and sofas!

Trusted Contributor

It's a bright, comfortable room.  I like everything except the wall mirror.  It would be nice to have the leather a lighter color.  The chair & ottoman look like excellent quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

What do you think of these pieces for a reading area?

Augusto Chair

I think you meant to ask about the chair.  It is beautiful and as a NYC resident, my first thought is it takes too much space.  Asuming this is not an issue, I personally like to change my position when reading, put my feet on the floor.  So I always look is the depth of the seat right for my height. I'm short, and I want to make sure I can seat upright if I want to and not have to lean in that faraway back.  But I also like to seat sideways if I am sittting for a while, so I lke the sides to be upholstered and not have wood digging into my sides when I change my position.  Are the rigid arms good for my size?  To me the chair is too risky. 

Trusted Contributor

I love it!  The whole room.  If I could afford to empty my house and start over, this would work well, lol.

In fact, we bought a mirror, similar to that, for our daughter and SIL.  It is mostly shades of beige and tans/golds.  And she has it hanging over the credenza in her dining room.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I love the chair.  If I had a place for it, I'd buy it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?