Honored Contributor

Re: 'As is' VPH frosted finials now available!

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

All colors are available again.

I am so tempted to get a red set...*sits on hands and puts her helmet on with the chin strap again* Smiley Tongue

Good morning, Susan L, I just put batteries in my Frosted white finials and yes, they look great, not blue like last years.  I saw early this morning the champagne was available in as is so I ordered a set to replace the set from last year with the two hour timer and lights that look blue.  Three or four times I have put the Red finials in my cart but I don't follow through because I'm not much on using red in my decor for the holidays.  I hope we all have good luck with the As Is finials as these are so special.  Get off your hands before you lose circulation and that helmet will give you a headache, you know.  LOL

*loosens chin strap*

Hi Lucymo, Glad you tested your white  finials...Yay! I'm thrilled you ordered the new champagne too. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the new ones when they are lit. 

Although it's not often, I do decorate with red once in awhile...like last year I used red more than usual. On our coffee table I used VPH's red hammered hurricane (with a Luminara) inside her fruit wreath. And remember the red/gold angel with the red finials, and red/gold trees (you have them too) Smiley Happy

I might use them in the kitchen this year...so undecided since I have numerious options. On one hand, it makes it fun to 'play' with the decor, but on the other side of the coin, I don't like playing eenie meenie minie moe to make a decision on which set ups I'm going to do...LOL

I have the original champagne finials, and don't remember them being on the blue side when lit. I'm tempted to dig them out when my new ones arrive and see the difference. 

I think some of you just have a much better eye than I do with these kinds of things. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quackeroo wrote:

Christmas 2014.jpg

Susan (& anyone else who wants to jump in), please see above pic. Angels are Valerie's.  Tree is from Target. I think I want the champagne finials to replace the tealights. Thoughts?  I can't decide whether to get anotheer set of champagne or a white to go with the champagne I already ordered.

Hi, Quack.  I will jump in.  I can't with certainty recommend any of the finials since I've only recently ordered my first set, the as is champagne acrylic ones, and they have not been delivered yet.  But I can imagine that the champagne finials would look really nice there.  I don't know about the white ones because I don't really know how antique-white colored your other items are.  My concern with the white is whether or not they might be too stark of a white.  I don't know but hopefully the ones who own them will help you there. 

I thought of some other random items that might look good, both here on QVC and elsewhere.  For some reason I had frosted on the brain.  I will put their photos below.  Again, I don't own any of this, so I can't recommend them first-hand.  I just had these passing ideas, so I thought why not put them here for you.  Hope this helps.

Your pic:

Christmas 2014.jpg

The champagne finials

As Is Set of 3 Illuminated Frosted Finials by Valerie

And here is the white

As Is Set of 3 Illuminated Frosted Finials by Valerie

H204959 Frosted hurricane by Valerie

Illuminated Frosted Hurricane with Finial by Valerie

H205858 Luminara Frosted Texture flameless candle in ivory

Luminara 7 Frosted Texture Flameless Candle with Timer

H203970 Solare Frosted Glass flameless candle in ivory

Solare 8 Frosted Glass Flameless Candle w/Multi Hue Technology

Lastly, a clear glass apothecary jar filled with frosted and pastel glass ornaments, like this:

Honored Contributor

There are more champagne back in stock for those interested Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jayjay wrote:

How do the returns look when you receive them? I would be afraid to order items returned.....anyone have good luck with a returned item sold as is?

@Jayjay  I've had good luck on "as is" items, I ordered mercury glass candle pedestals and they were in perfect condition. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I found the best video HERE for these finials which shows all the colors still available before they sold out in the red and champagne...HTH  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

Christmas 2014.jpg

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

All colors are available again.

I am so tempted to get a red set...*sits on hands and puts her helmet on with the chin strap again* Smiley Tongue

Good morning, Susan L, I just put batteries in my Frosted white finials and yes, they look great, not blue like last years.  I saw early this morning the champagne was available in as is so I ordered a set to replace the set from last year with the two hour timer and lights that look blue.  Three or four times I have put the Red finials in my cart but I don't follow through because I'm not much on using red in my decor for the holidays.  I hope we all have good luck with the As Is finials as these are so special.  Get off your hands before you lose circulation and that helmet will give you a headache, you know.  LOL

*loosens chin strap*

Hi Lucymo, Glad you tested your white  finials...Yay! I'm thrilled you ordered the new champagne too. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the new ones when they are lit. 

Although it's not often, I do decorate with red once in awhile...like last year I used red more than usual. On our coffee table I used VPH's red hammered hurricane (with a Luminara) inside her fruit wreath. And remember the red/gold angel with the red finials, and red/gold trees (you have them too) Smiley Happy

I might use them in the kitchen this year...so undecided since I have numerious options. On one hand, it makes it fun to 'play' with the decor, but on the other side of the coin, I don't like playing eenie meenie minie moe to make a decision on which set ups I'm going to do...LOL

Susan (& anyone else who wants to jump in), please see above pic. Angels are Valerie's.  Tree is from Target. I think I want the champagne finials to replace the tealights. Thoughts?  I can't decide whether to get anotheer set of champagne or a white to go with the champagne I already ordered.

Hi quack, my two cents would be champagne.  I have the set of angels from Valerie and if my recollection is right they are not really white but a more cream or ivory color so I would think white would be too stark for them.  I have packed the angels and can't check them right now.  That's just a thought.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Jayjay wrote:

How do the returns look when you receive them? I would be afraid to order items returned.....anyone have good luck with a returned item sold as is?

i've had good luck too. Got an awesome set of Valerie's reindeer from last year for less than half price and they are perfect.

Me too! I got all 3 of our VPH glitter reindeer 'as is' Smiley Happy

me too.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I found the best video HERE for these wonderful frosted finials which shows all the colors still available before they sold out in the red and champagne...HTH  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I found the best video HERE for these wonderful frosted finials which shows all the colors still available before they sold out in the red and champagne...HTH  Smiley Happy

Maybe YouTube is the place we should check for missing item videos. Good find. 

Honored Contributor

More champagne & red in stock Smiley Happy