Honored Contributor

Re: 'As is' VPH frosted finials now available!

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

I received my white frosted finials today.  I ordered before they became available in As Is but they are super gorgeous.  I still love my champagne ones that I got last year but these are great.  If you can get a set in white As Is, go for it.  I don't think you'll regret it.  I don't plan to light them, don't light the champagne either.  I don't like that bluish hue they show when lit.

I don't have last year's champagne ones like you do, but to me, the new chanpagne ones this year give off a pure white light...not blue at all to me...same with the white frost ones. To me, only the silver ones have a tad of a blue hue...probably due to the light shining against silver color itself...but that's just my opinion. 

I was actually shocked by how incredable the champagne ones look when they are lit.. If I saw them in a high end decor furnature store I would think they cost $100+ for each one! Smiley Very Happy

I was wondering, if you had time, to see if the cast of light is different in last year's champagne ones compared to this year's. I know the timer & battery life has been upgraded, but I have no way of knowing if they also improved the lights themselves/color/cast that is. Maybe last years had a blue-ish cast and this year's doesn't in comparison?

I just lit one of ours again and to me, it's still a pure white light...no blue hue Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

HU folks...another champagne and red set has just appeared!!!!

Contributor

Thanks SL, finally got the champagne, been trying for 2 days, thanks you

Honored Contributor

@kathyz wrote:

Thanks SL, finally got the champagne, been trying for 2 days, thanks you

And TY for posting and letting me know! Thrilled I could help Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I received my white frosted finials today.  I ordered before they became available in As Is but they are super gorgeous.  I still love my champagne ones that I got last year but these are great.  If you can get a set in white As Is, go for it.  I don't think you'll regret it.  I don't plan to light them, don't light the champagne either.  I don't like that bluish hue they show when lit.

I don't have last year's champagne ones like you do, but to me, the new chanpagne ones this year give off a pure white light...not blue at all to me...same with the white frost ones. To me, only the silver ones have a tad of a blue hue...probably due to the light shining against silver color itself...but that's just my opinion. 

I was actually shocked by how incredable the champagne ones look when they are lit.. If I saw them in a high end decor furnature store I would think they cost $100+ for each one! Smiley Very Happy

I was wondering, if you had time, to see if the cast of light is different in last year's champagne ones compared to this year's. I know the timer & battery life has been upgraded, but I have no way of knowing if they also improved the lights themselves/color/cast that is. Maybe last years had a blue-ish cast and this year's doesn't in comparison?

I just lit one of ours again and to me, it's still a pure white light...no blue hue Smiley Happy

I will try to check out the white ones tomorrow.  I already know the champagne ones from last year looked like blue finials.  I really hope that mine are white like yours as I don't do blue in my Christmas decor but I love the finials so I used them unlit.  Thanks, Susan L.

Regular Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Just ordered a set of champagne.  Will I be sorry? *bites nails*

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quackeroo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Just ordered a set of champagne.  Will I be sorry? *bites nails*

Like Lucymo, I have ordered MANY 'as is' and only returned a couple. It is so worth taking a chance. Many times it's due to buyer's remorse and the previous orderer just sent it back because they couldn't afford it or changed their mind and it was too late to cancel. Sometimes it just due to folks just not liking it once they see it.

A few reviewers find these finials to be cheap looking. Due to the reviews, they are not of the majority. Read the reviews if you have time. Also, check some of the negative reviewer's histories/profiles (there are some folks who don't like much of anything...so to speak). Make sure you check all 3 finials with batteries when you get them to see if they all work. To me, the champagne are TDF...lit or unlit...but especially lit!!!

If you receive a bad set, all you are out is the gas and your time returning them to the PO since if they are defective, and you mark it as such on the return receipt, you get your S&H charges returned. In the end, if you get a good set, you win twice...get what you want AND at a nice discounted price...HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those that may be interested in the chanpange set, to me, the best pic of them online is the one from VPH's FB album from July 1st...

HERE is the link...and the pic is in the 2nd row all the way to the right...showing the set lit. Click on it to see the pic bigger  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

A big thank you SL for the heads up on the "as is" champange color finials being available.  Luckily I managed to capture a set.

I too have purchase many things from "as is" and have not had to return anything.  You just need to be a faithful checker of the "as is" items.

LOVE this forum for all the great ideas and helpful information/feedback given on items that interest me.

Esteemed Contributor

All colors are available again.