Respected Contributor

Architectural Digest- Video Tour Of Gwyneth Paltrow's Family Home

This is a tour of her home in Montecito, CA.  I like the kitchen & that bathroom/spa room is amazing.  The home seems calming & serene & not too overdone  (well, maybe that bathroom is pretty outrageous, but it is beautiful!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haK2TnmVoT0

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Architectural Digest- Video Tour Of Gwyneth Paltrow's Family Home

Wow that's one beautiful home. Thanks for sharing @aubnwa01 

Honored Contributor

I love everything about this place!!!  Gorgeous!!

Honored Contributor

Kudos to GP....she stayed true to her visions.  If I had the same budget, this would not be my home, but their are elements/rooms that I love.  And that is the point, the home is personally hers and not a designer showroom floor.  She was personally involved and this is truly her home....so a successful endeavor.

Honored Contributor

Wow. Absolutely beautiful! Different, but not too far fetched at all. I love the kitchen the best!! I also like how she explained about having her stove in the middle of the room-makes so much sense!

The only 2 things I really didn't care for was the light fixture in the Living Room, and the Marble Bar.....

The Bathroom was amazing!!

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed it and you could really tell she knows quite a bit about architecture and design! 

Honored Contributor

Stunning home.....I love the Kitchen and Powder Room. I didn't care for the decor in the Living Room or the chairs in the Dining Room.

The fireplaces are fantastic and the Spa Room ....LOVE!

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

This is a tour of her home in Montecito, CA.  I like the kitchen & that bathroom/spa room is amazing.  The home seems calming & serene & not too overdone  (well, maybe that bathroom is pretty outrageous, but it is beautiful!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haK2TnmVoT0

The spa and the kitchen are my favorite rooms.  In the kitchen, personally, I would prefer to have a closet to roll that ladder into so that it was out of sight when not in use, and maybe there is - Gwyneth didn't share that in her commentary..

Gwyneth's personality is reflected throughout. 

And thank you, @aubnwa01 that was enjoyable and interesting.

Honored Contributor

One thing my co-worker who also saw the video brought up was the fact that while it would be very convenient having your stove in the middle of the kitchen like that, it may not be practical with the mess and grease that a lot of foods make.....