Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone with the Lit Spun Trees by VPH?

On 12/22/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 12/22/2014 lucymo said:
On 12/21/2014 Susan Louise said:

H203957 is the item # for the spun trees Smile

Hi SL, when I ordered the spun trees in Oct, 2014 the item # was H203873. I think either # will bring them up but they sold out almost immediately. I really like mine except the battery life isn't real good. I don't run them on timer everyday since I have them in an area that we don't see them that much unless we have company. I hope I don't buy as much Christmas décor next year as I did this year or I may be living under a tree and all by myself. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Merry Christmas to you and your Hubby.

I think you will have lots of company under your tree lucy{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

OMG, my mind just conjured up that picture of all of us crazy, out of control décor nut heads living under a tree ordering more stuff on our cell phones with no place to put it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Now, that would be us. Merry Christmas, everyone. Be safe and happy.

Super Contributor

Very funny Lucy! I finally shook the Q decorating have-to-have it this season. I bought LR's beautiful white sparkle trees as is, and then stopped cold turkey.

Have so much jammed in my Christmas closet I am ashamed of myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi whitelinen! What have you done with your new large red lantern? I've been curious.

Super Contributor

On 12/23/2014 SHOPR said:

Hi whitelinen! What have you done with your new large red lantern? I've been curious.

Hi SHOPR!! I have been laying low, working a lot lately.

Big Red is sitting on my kitchen table. It has snow in the bottom, and a Santa I picked up at GW on a pedestal. Have a few bottle brushes surrounding Santa.

I bought a new Dell computer with Windows 8 (G o d help me!!) and then a month later got a Galaxy Note 4. For some reason my pics are not flowing from the Note to my Dell. DH is working on the issue but for now I am dead in the water in terms of posting any pics. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I am still reeling from trying to deal with two new technologies at once. I went from an IPhone to the Note 4 and the transition has been difficult for me. At this point I am going back to the IPhone when it's time to trade up. The Android system has been a little too challenging for me! And Windows 8, all I can say is UGH.

I took some pics of my dinnerware collection, wanted to post them on that great thread. It's not really a collection compared to the wonderful sets others talked about, but I have some dishes I love and I wanted to share. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

Hope you have a blessed holiday and Happy New Year SHOPR! Have not seen the old group posting much lately.

I miss the days when we could hardly contain our excitement about new things offered here. Hoping the Q will ramp up the good stuff in 2015 and we can all get together to discuss.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/23/2014 whitelinen said:
On 12/23/2014 SHOPR said:

Hi SHOPR!! I have been laying low, working a lot lately.

Big Red is sitting on my kitchen table. It has snow in the bottom, and a Santa I picked up at GW on a pedestal. Have a few bottle brushes surrounding Santa.

I bought a new Dell computer with Windows 8 (G o d help me!!) and then a month later got a Galaxy Note 4. For some reason my pics are not flowing from the Note to my Dell. DH is working on the issue but for now I am dead in the water in terms of posting any pics. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I am still reeling from trying to deal with two new technologies at once. I went from an IPhone to the Note 4 and the transition has been difficult for me. At this point I am going back to the IPhone when it's time to trade up. The Android system has been a little too challenging for me! And Windows 8, all I can say is UGH.

I took some pics of my dinnerware collection, wanted to post them on that great thread. It's not really a collection compared to the wonderful sets others talked about, but I have some dishes I love and I wanted to share. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I feel for you, whitelinen, I really do! My poor mom had to have a new laptop (a trade up from a Vista desktop pc) and it runs Windows 8-point-something? I had warned her that it would be VERY different based on things I had read.

I did the initial setup for her and tried to undo/disable some of the things I knew she wouldn't want, then I downloaded Classic Shell, so at least now it is somewhat similar to what she knows from Vista. She still has issues, though, and I keep my fingers crossed that our Windows 7 machines will last for years to come.

Funny also that you mention the iPhone to Android phone transition. Our first and only smartphones are both iPhone 4s. While we loved our iPhones at first, we've grown aggravated with so many updates and poor battery life, even after trying every helpful tip out there. We started thinking that maybe an Android would be our next phone. Then, I had to set up two consecutive tablets for my nephew which operate with some Android system (Jelly Bean, I think?) and I was SO LOST. I still have not actually played with any Android phones, but if they are anything like the tablet operating systems, I say no thank you.

Sorry I can't help you figure out your photo issues, but wanted you to know that I sympathize. Also, some really knowledgeable and helpful people answer questions over on QVC's forum called Electronics Talk. HTH!

Oh, my lantern has a blanket of snowy material in the bottom, a boy and girl vintage looking figurine in one side, and a JS snowman in the other side. I really think it needs some bottle brush trees for dimension, and I hope to buy some in the future. I've been talking to JPC about this very thing by email. I'm sure your big red lantern looks great. Hoping to see those pics one day.

StElmoQn, So sorry for going so off-topic. Just had to catch up with WL.

Merry Christmas!

Super Contributor

Much thanks for the commiseration SHOPR! Life's an adventure electronically, at least for me. Used to think I was pretty savvy (LOL) until this boondoggle. Why in the world Microsoft inflicted version 8 on us is a mystery to me.

When I got my Android my BFF across the street was not receiving my texts. She has an IPhone 5. We struggled with it for a while. One night during a dinner out with one of my DD's and her hubs I mentioned this and they both laughed. They had gone thru the same issue; she was not receiving his texts. He finally discovered the last IPhone update changed a feature (SMS??) and you have to go in and physically turn on a function to receive messages from Android to IPhone. She did this and she began receiving my texts.

Sounds like your lantern looks marvelous!! If I was not working so much I would have spent more time tweeking my lantern but it is what it is. I have 3 more years til retirement and hopefully will be able to spend more time on my holiday decorating.

Take care SHOPR and hope this Christmas & NY is the absolute best!! I apologize as well STEQ for going off topic.

Super Contributor

I got the spun trees at the Q outlet. They're beautiful when lit but the batteries do not last very long. I got tired of buying/installing new batteries so I carefully removed the bottom of the trees and took out the long rod with the lights. Then I stuffed a 20 light strand of electric Teeny lights inside each tree. They are beautifully bright. I feared they might get too hot but I've felt them repeatedly and they only get warm. I wouldn't use more than a 20 light strand of teeny lights, however, because I think they could overheat with bigger/more bulbs inside them.

Honored Contributor

Hi, decorating ladies!

Whitelinen... I understand the "technology" pain! I have it, too!

Thank you everyone for sharing your pictures... I SAID I would share mine, but have yet to take them! Wishing everyone a warm holiday... I am slowly getting in the spirit! And thank you for sharing the trees... they are so pretty!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Nana5 said:

I got the spun trees at the Q outlet. They're beautiful when lit but the batteries do not last very long. I got tired of buying/installing new batteries so I carefully removed the bottom of the trees and took out the long rod with the lights. Then I stuffed a 20 light strand of electric Teeny lights inside each tree. They are beautifully bright. I feared they might get too hot but I've felt them repeatedly and they only get warm. I wouldn't use more than a 20 light strand of teeny lights, however, because I think they could overheat with bigger/more bulbs inside them.

Brilliant Nana5! Thanks for the suggestion. I may do this with LR's sequined white set!