Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone wish they could go back to the good old days??

Yes! I miss "the good old days." I grew up in the 70's. Lived on a large street and we all knew each other. There was always somebody graduation HS, from the late 60's to mid 90's. I even married my best friend who lived one block over. Fast forward many years, I live on a street where no one talks to each other. Come home from work or wherever, pull into the garage and that's it. When a new neighbor moved in next door, we were so excited because they had a young girl about our daughter's age. Went over with homemade banana nut bread with my husband, daughter and dog and the woman barley opened the door all the way. I am so grateful for the childhood I had, a real childhood of knowing your neighbors and being kind to each other. For always having a friend and someone to play with. And how I miss those summer nights when neighbors would just find their way outside and talk for hours and hours. I was truly blessed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone wish they could go back to the good old days??

I think a lot of whether you think those were the good old days or not depends first on how satisfied you are with your life today. A lot also depends on whether you are a glass half full or glass half empty person, and what you want out of life. And whether you see the more care-free life of a younger person or enjoy the things being grown up brings or see it as stressful.

Lots of people hate change, like stability, and are basically home bodies. Some people love change, adventure, and the wealth of things we have available today. The world is a much smaller place and we have access to so much information. If you like that sort of thing you are happy. If it doesn't interest you, you probably are more likely to look back more.

For me, I am thriving in today's glut of information and things to learn. I love the mental stimulation and the opportunities to do things like high level photography that was so difficult when I lived in the 70s where there wasn't a good camera store in town. So, would I go back for a second? No. But I know some people who would. Just depends on what rows your boat!