Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch Farmhouse Fixer on HGTV?

@NickNack wrote:

I like it a lot.  He's not really flipping the houses though.  He's restoring them specifically for the people who bought the house.  He has a lot of experience with this as he has been doing it for 25 years.

@NickNack Yes you are correct, he isn't flipping he is restoring! I find him to be very good, and I am glad he has a show....A lot of what he does isn't necessarily my style, but I enjoy seeing the before and afters, and the whole process in between..

Valued Contributor

I watch this and find him so endearing.  He's kind of awkward but so sincere.  I love seeing him with his goats and chickens.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting.   Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Once. Seems like a nice guy but his voice tends to drone on and from what I gather, the finished product tends toward the standard HGTV mostly trendy, predictable, modern look, which is not an aesthetic I find all that interesting or appealing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I tried to watch, however, as usual I have to dvr to fast forward to just see how things turned out.

Too much of the same over and over with just about every remodeling show.  I'm so bored with the demo parts anyway.

I think the network should shorten those kinds of shows to a half-hour, just get to the good part.  But that's me.Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't see the appeal of those shows or HGTV for many years now.

Honored Contributor

Yes I watch that show and like it very much. He seems like a very nice person and while remodeling old houses are not my thing, he does a good job and I appreciate how he is trying to save these buildings. Another show on the same lines is called-- In with the Old --on the Magnolia network---kind of the same thing but the people buy the houses mostly to live in.