Honored Contributor

Anyone use those wall plug in heaters that will be a TSV?

[ Edited ]

I've never heard of these.  If they work I can replace the 1500 watt little fake fireplace heaters I have.  They are cute but take up space where I just don't have it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone use those wall plug in heaters that will be a TSV?

@depglass wrote:

I've never heard of these.  If they work I can replace the 1500 watt little fake fireplace heaters I have.  They are cute but take up space where I just don't have it.

I bought one just to try it out. I thought it would be a good thing to have if there was a problem with the heat. It was loud, and it did not bring the temperature of the room up that much. I sent it back. 

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't buy the one @Kachina624 is showing and talking about. I bought the one from the infomercial. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass 

The only things that heat our 3,000+sq.ft. house are plug in heaters. Use a Quartz Infrared Heater for the Master Bedroom, where my wife sleeps. Have 3 small infrared heaters in 2 bathroom(when needed), 1 in computer room when using it.

Haven't used whole house heater for well over 10 years. Our patio room has a AC/Heat electric unit.

All these portable plugins work just fine for our uses. And Yes! We live in winter country where we get -40° wind chill temps!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

This is astounding.  I'm wondering how the electric bill would compare to a natural gas bill or a propane bill.

Honored Contributor

Our natural gas furnace went out on one of the coldest, windiest, days and couldn't get anyone to repair it for 3 days. 

Electric space heaters did a surprisingly good job placed in the rooms we use most, but our electric bill went up a lot more than I thought it would and the house is insulated very well.  

By comparison our natural gas is "cheap."

Honored Contributor

I would be concerned about electric bill.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@depglass 

The only things that heat our 3,000+sq.ft. house are plug in heaters. Use a Quartz Infrared Heater for the Master Bedroom, where my wife sleeps. Have 3 small infrared heaters in 2 bathroom(when needed), 1 in computer room when using it.

Haven't used whole house heater for well over 10 years. Our patio room has a AC/Heat electric unit.

All these portable plugins work just fine for our uses. And Yes! We live in winter country where we get -40° wind chill temps!

hckynut

But these a tiny, not nearly as big,as you are speaking of.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I was wondering about one for a bathroom--but want a remote control.