Valued Contributor

Anyone use Aldi's Instacart?

I placed an order yesterday...the order I received wasn't mine. I left several messages. They said they would send a replacement order and to throw the order away. I kept several things..milk and some pretzels...lol! Waited all day...no one ever came. They insisted someone would come..lol. So...this morning I got an email saying they wanted to know if my issue was resolved...I paid $50 for nothing. Also...no one will be available today or tomorrow because of the holiday..lol! I don't have a car..if I did I would do my own shopping. Never had this happen before..sorry...I had to vent~Woman Mad

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone use Aldi's Instacart?

I had a similar experience with Wegmans. I ordered a sizable amount and

was left a bag of kale & carrots. I called & called & emailed over and over.

I thought the Instacart customer service was worthless. Basically I think

the delivery driver ran away with our food order. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I use Instacart I get a text that the shopper is beginning to shop the order. The shopper communicates by text throughout the entire order. There have been instances where  I have changed items while my items were being shopped. Did your shopper text you? Were you able to follow as the shopper shopped your order? I do not use Aldi’s. 

Honored Contributor

I do my own grocery shopping. It would be difficult for me to think someone who knows nothing about me, what I like, what I buy, brands - this one vs that one, what's on sale well you get the idea.  I've absolutely no problem for anyone to shop this way especially if you are unable to get out. I get this (pls no backlash).

I do shop at Aldi's, didn't know they now offer this service. I get Sunday flyers from them too, didn't notcie it mentioned.

Respected Contributor

@emmygrace  I would call Aldi’s. Tell them what happened and see if they have any control over the issue. Sometimes Instacart partners with the stores they shop at, so Aldi’s would want to know what is happening.

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

When I use Instacart I get a text that the shopper is beginning to shop the order. The shopper communicates by text throughout the entire order. There have been instances where  I have changed items while my items were being shopped. Did your shopper text you? Were you able to follow as the shopper shopped your order? I do not use Aldi’s. 

Yes..I knew when she was coming...she had a trunk full of orders...she's worked at Aldi's a long time too..go figure! My friends mom shop at Walmart...always gets her orders..who knows??

Respected Contributor

@emmygrace I can follow the shopper as they shop through texting. If they are shopping a wrong order I would see it. They only shop one order at a time, and deliver that order. If your shopper had many orders to deliver I assume he/she grabbed the wrong order to deliver to you. If you do not get any satisfaction on Tuesday, at the very least I would call my credit card company and not pay for that order until your problem is resolved. Good Luck!

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@emmygrace I can follow the shopper as they shop through texting. If they are shopping a wrong order I would see it. They only shop one order at a time, and deliver that order. If your shopper had many orders to deliver I assume he/she grabbed the wrong order to deliver to you. If you do not get any satisfaction on Tuesday, at the very least I would call my credit card company and not pay for that order until your problem is resolved. Good Luck!

Good news..I got a message that a shopper was getting my order ready!!!...when I looked at the items..they were exactly what I'd order and only 1 substitute, which I approved. She texted me she was on her way...she arrived within 10 minutes...everything was great. She was  so nice. This was all before noon..I owed nothing..there was no delivery charge either! I'm a happy camper..Woman Happy Thanks Jewel22! Heart

Honored Contributor

@emmygrace   If they don't get your order replaced pronto, tell them you'll dispute the charge with your credit card company, then do it.  Take your business elsewhere.  Walmart does home delivery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If you shopped thru Instacart, the shoppers are employed by Instacart not the store.  Perhaps you placed your order directly with Aldi and their shopping service.  I would think you'd. have to get a hold of Instacart to get this resolved.