Honored Contributor

Anyone purchasing the TS outdoor rugs?

I was wondering how they would be inside.  I really like the pattern.  Any thoughts?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone purchasing the TS outdoor rugs?

I do not have this particular outdoor rug but did purchase one for our deck from the same manufacturer.  IMO they would be ok on a inside porch or lanai but not suitable for like in a dining room.  I do like them on the deck.

Honored Contributor

I got one to cover my awful gray cement slab patio!    

In the discription of the product, it is mentioned that it is not intended for indoor use.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Not for me. I have several of the outdoor rugs, which meet my needs on the deck and porch much better. These are way too thin and light to be of service where I would need them.

I think they would be good, though, for taking camping, or anywhere you wanted a big space to sit on the ground. 

Honored Contributor

If you get this mat, be very careful with it.  It's extremely lightweight and the edges are constantly blowing up in the wind making for a serious tripping and falling hazard, even when weighted down with furniture.  I'd say to use only if you can stake it down with the loops on the corners.  I almost broke my neck on one of the stupid things.  It went right to the landfill via my yardman.

There are tons of beautiful indoor/ooutdoor rugs that are most substantial.  I'd spend a little more and get one that won't put you in the hospital.  Zulily had a bunch last week...everyone has them this time of year.  Saw some in Walmart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My kitchen gets a lot of morning/early afternoon sun.  In trying to ward off the bleaching of my hardwood floors in the area in front of the slider, I opted for an indoor/outdoor rug that I got from plow and hearth.  It works beautifully for my needs.  Lies perfectly flat and I got a neutral color that works well in my kitchen.

I'm not familiar with the TSV brand, but I don't see why it wouldn't work well inside, as well as outside.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

My kitchen gets a lot of morning/early afternoon sun.  In trying to ward off the bleaching of my hardwood floors in the area in front of the slider, I opted for an indoor/outdoor rug that I got from plow and hearth.  It works beautifully for my needs.  Lies perfectly flat and I got a neutral color that works well in my kitchen.

I'm not familiar with the TSV brand, but I don't see why it wouldn't work well inside, as well as outside.  

They are not ordinary  inside/outside rugs; they're plastic and vertical slippery.  They'd slide all over hardwood or any hard floor.  Very dangerous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you get this mat, be very careful with it.  It's extremely lightweight and the edges are constantly blowing up in the wind making for a serious tripping and falling hazard, even when weighted down with furniture.  I'd say to use only if you can stake it down with the loops on the corners.  I almost broke my neck on one of the stupid things.  It went right to the landfill via my yardman.

There are tons of beautiful indoor/ooutdoor rugs that are most substantial.  I'd spend a little more and get one that won't put you in the hospital.  Zulily had a bunch last week...everyone has them this time of year.  Saw some in Walmart.

@Kathina624 - you're right - EXTREMELY lightweight.  Not well made - the material on the edges comes off easy also - you can get a better outdoor rug at Target - it might cost a few dollars more - but it's a real rug - not something that will only last one season.  You can also checkout Overstock - they have great prices on outdoor rugs.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

They are not ordinary  inside/outside rugs; they're plastic and vertical slippery.  They'd slide all over hardwood or any hard floor.  Very dangerous.

For whatever reason, the one I got from plow and hearth doesn't slide a lot.  If it did, I'd spray the back or put a non-skid mat underneath.  But I've had been for a least a year or more without issue.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much everyone.  This is why I love these forums.  You can get your questions answered.  I am not purchasing.  I will check out my local stores and get what I need.  Thank you all again for your honest responses.  Have a nice rest of your day.:-)