Honored Contributor

Anyone own the Bissell Crosswave, and what do you think?

I am considering this, and would really like opinions of those who have it already......Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone own the Bissell Crosswave, and what do you think?

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have the Crosswave and I like it.  I have tile throughout and it works well for tile.  I live alone with no pets, so my floors are never that dirty. The only negative is you have to take it apart and clean it well after each use.

I would purchase again.

Honored Contributor

@skincaremaven wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have the Crosswave and I like it.  I have tile throughout and it works well for tile.  I live alone with no pets, so my floors are never that dirty. The only negative is you have to take it apart and clean it well after each use.

I would purchase again.

@skincaremaven Thank you Skincaremaven. We don't have any pets but we have carpet and hardwood..

Honored Contributor

I have a Crosswave and pets.  I love mine.  I use it on hardwood floors.  I am shocked at the dirt and fur it picks up.  Even if my floors look clean  and I vacuum first, the dirty water container is always gross and full of dirt the vacuum missed.

I have tried all of the liquid floor cleaners that are sold for the machine and prefer the one that is made for people for pets.  I smells great and leaves no hazing or streaking.

The only draw back is that you have to replace the filters.  They are expensive for what they are, but I found Bissell knock offs on Amazon much cheaper and they work just as well.

I would buy this again.

Regular Contributor

@Carmie  Thank you for the tip! I did not know about the filter.

I have just been washing my filter after using.

How often do you replace? Would you share the item number from Amazon?
Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got an email from Hoover, they have their Floor Mate on sale ($199.99). I am so tempted to buy it. It has such good ratings and I am pleased with all the other cordless items that I bought from Hoover.

Honored Contributor

@skincaremaven wrote:

@Carmie  Thank you for the tip! I did not know about the filter.

I have just been washing my filter after using.

How often do you replace? Would you share the item number from Amazon?
Thank you!

I have only replaced my filter once.  It was pretty dirty looking and the fabric was fraying. I wash mine after each use.

I just checked Amazon and the ones I ordered are now not available....maybe out of stock?

perhaps you could order another knock off brand...check the reviews first.  The Bissell ones are pretty expensive IMO.

D91F77AF-4C61-42AD-87AE-F8FB5564A6D5.jpeg

Regular Contributor

@Carmie  Thank you very much for posting the filters!