Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone order Wayfair furniture?

My nephew ordered several pieces from them when he bought his first house. The coffee table, end tables and entertainment unit are still in one piece after a little over a year, but the finishes are already coming off and they look cheap.

The dining table and chairs (which matched the other pieces) didn't fare so well, The table is still in one piece, but barely, 4 of the 6 chairs busted (as in collapsed because the wood shattered) while people were sitting in them. His friends aren't big people either. All of them are athletes, and while a couple of them might weigh around 225, they're not heavy for their height. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

A couple of months ago, I ordered a small upright freezer to supplement my fridge freezer.  It arrived in about 3 days in perfect condition.  I've really enjoyed using it as I'm able to keep more frozen food on hand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've ordered from Wayfair; an outdoor dining set, umbrella & stand for it; baskets, padding for an area rug, a painting. The shipping was fast, & customer service, in my experience, is excellent.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a large TV cabinet stand for the TV. They were the only place I could find the size we needed. I was very pleased with the whole process. Came in a timely manner and in perfect condition. I would definitely order from them again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered some faux wicker chairs to use outside this summer since we were unable to go anywhere.

The chairs were great, well packages and no issues with it. 

the only problem I had was that the delivery part and that wasn't Wayfair as much as Fed Ex Ground! They delivered them to the wrong house. I got the notification that the chairs had been delivered and thought to myself - huh? Where? Nope nowhere in the yard. I live in a rural area but GPS gets people to my house all the time. I called to see if they delivered to my brother who lives down the road from me, nope. So I got in my car and drove up and down the road. As I was driving past someone's driveway -- a quarte of a mile away - I see this BIG box in their driveway. I got out and looked and yes that was MY box. Of course it was too large to go in my car so I drove home and then walked down and carried it back to my house.

I tried calling CS to complain about the delivery issue but after sitting on hold for 20 minutes I gave it up. I had the chairs, it was just a bit more difficult getting them home. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict I think your loveseat sounds wonderful! 

Valued Contributor

Thanks, it's gorgeous! And free shipping can't be beat!  Plus not having to go into a store right now.

Interesting to hear others who took the plunge! Great choices!

Honored Contributor

I have ordered a few things--not furniture--however my DD ordered a love seat that was on sale--she didn't really read it carefully--and the thing is junk already after maybe 6 months or so--- I would never order furniture like a sofa or something like that--I need to see it and touch it and sit on it------will be looking to buy good quality furniture very soon and will go in person to the showroom. but decor stuff has been ok.