Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Anyone order Wayfair furniture?

[ Edited ]

I'd have to say was pleasantly surprised! It was my first time ordering furniture sight unseen online! It would probably horrify people to know I got a blush pink velvet loveseat type couch! It's simply stunning & all I had to do was screw on the legs & hook the sides on. It's for my "fun" small room (spare bedroom I turned into my collection & relaxing room-no bed!), so had to fit a small space. Previously had a futon in there I covered w fun throws, but I found a college kid who now has a "new" piece & I have my sophisticated replacement! I did read lots of reviews to get a handle on sturdiness, overall look & assembly issues if any prior to purchasing.  

Anyone else find furniture they love they ordered online & not in a store? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone order Wayfair furniture?

I ordered a pretty red accent cabinet for my home office and just love it. It was slightly damaged but not worth trying to replace, so I made the minor repair myself. Wayfair has so many interesting and unique things! I also ordered red metal counter stools for my kitchen and they arrived in perfect condition -- got them on sale and was very pleased with the quality.

Trusted Contributor

We ordered a chair "In Stock" last April. their customer service was horrible.  It finally arrived 3 days after he passed away in September.  Refused that shipment.  one minute it was in stock, then it went to back order, tried to cancel, they wouldn't let us, then it was preparing for shipment, then on back order and this went on from the beginning of may till all of sudden it by a miracle and no communication it arrived.  Hope, tore up that credit card and will never do business with them again.  Worst Customer Service EVER.

Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Also for your loss....

I ordered 2 weeks ago & it came from CA all the way across the country to me in PA in a week! Admittedly I was anxious, but was realistically expecting it to take a few weeks, considering it was a couch sized box!! Even lil bit smaller than a loveseat, but still! Box had a small tear, contents were mint & well packaged! I'd order again in a heartbeat!

Super Contributor

After looking for several months, I ordered my tv credenza from Wayfair.  Very pleased when it arrived -- it's beautiful and great quality.  There used to be so many nice furniture stores in our area, but many have gone out of business and there are less and less places to shop.  I was pleased with Wayfair's serice and delivery and would use it again. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sometimesQVCaddict ~ Wayfair offers a great variety to choose from.  Unfortunately, they do not offer free shipping to Alaska.  Their shipping fees are through the roof!  No Wayfair orders for me.  It would be wonderful to 

order online.  We have lots of furniture stores, and just a couple quality stores.  Their prices are ridiculously high, and unaffordable.  Most people here are stuck with take it or leave it :/

Valued Contributor

I ordered rugs from Wayfair and I was pleased with the result. They had shipped an incorrect rug to me once, and customer service was fantastic. They immediately shipped me a replacement and arranged pick up for the incorrect item. 

I've ordered furniture online from Pottery Barn and have not been disappointed. I had ordered fabric swatches which helped in making choices on uphostery color. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, some antiques and reproduction furniture pieces from two sellers on ebay and from online auctions.  

Before doing that, though, be sure to check out these sellers, carefully examine all the photos, look at the ratings, read the reviews, and whether sellers guarantee what they sell.  

I suggest looking for sellers and auction houses that are fairly close to your location because shipping can be expensive.  I try to stay within 200 miles. 

Some sellers offer discounted delivery within a certain range...often 100 to 150 miles.  

One piece I wanted so much was located in California.  I'm in the Northeast.  Independent shippers quoted $1000 to $1500 to deliver a chest.  About a week to two weeks after the auction ended, one shipper quoted $300, another $150.  They look at the pieces on ebay and auction houses, then offer a quote.

Some truckers will lower the cost if they have room left over in their trucks.  They want to fill them, the reason for the much lower quotes.

If interested in this type of buying and the seller is willing to hold the item for a few weeks without charging, it might be advantageous to take the chance, then wait for a trucker to offer a lower price.   

Still, it's taking a chance because a lower price might not be offered and the seller could begin to charge for storage; however, even with paying storage, overall the cost could be much less than paying for initial quotes.

Sellers and auction houses often recommend reputable shippers.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered a chest freezer from Wayfair.  It arrived with a small dent on the side of it, the size of a dime.  I called CS, they offered me a replacement or $70 off.  I took the money.

I was pleased with the freezer ( made in Cananda) and their CS dept.

Honored Contributor

I haven't order any large furniture pieces but I've been pleased with the chairs and lamps I've ordered.