Regular Contributor

Anyone have both a Shark Rotator Lift-Away & an older Dyson Animal vacuum??

We have an older Dyson Animal Upright vacuum (not the newer 'Ball' type) and it is sooo heavy & clumsy for me. We also have 2 cats & lots of carpeted steps to vacuum in my 4-level split house. Lately, I've been looking at the Shark Rotator Lift-Away vacuum and it seems like it might be so much better and lighter(?) and for so much less $$.

Does anyone have any experience with both vacuums that can provide some info as to which vacuum you like better?

(With all that said, I should mention that I ordered the Shark Rocket stick vacuum that just arrived yesterday (we haven't opened it yet). Does anyone have any experience on how that compares to the Shark Rotator Lift-Away in terms of cleaning ability?)

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have both a Shark Rotator Lift-Away & an older Dyson Animal vacuum??

I have a Dyson DC 23 Turbinehead and I have had other products over the years. Nothing compares to the Dyson.

What I do is go to Amazon and actually read the various reviews looking for the one that best fits my needs on a product. As sometimes when somebody gives a negative one it is for something silly..so I take that into consideration.

But go to Amazon and read the various reviews on both products..you will find more there who have used it I am sure.

I don't think you can compare a Dyson to others though..apples and oranges in my book lol.

I used to go thru vacuums early and they were not cheap...got the Dyson and have had it for about three four years..and still going strong!

Honored Contributor

I'm not quite the kind of respondent you're looking for, but I can tell you that I have the original Shark Navigator (purple one) which worked fine, but wanted the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro (white one) when we got our dog last year (big, hairy Golden Retriever). The Navigator Lift-Away Pro is a GREAT vacuum - works on every surface with no loss of suction. If I had to purchase now, I'd give serious consideration to the Rotator, but can't convince myself that I need another new vacuum less than 12 mos. after the other one was purchased. I've heard so many people say the Dysons were the greatest thing around only to have major regrets later on. I think you'll like the Shark and you can find MUCH better pricing if you're a good shopper. Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

I have an older Dyson animal vacuum. I still LOVE it! I have lots of stairs but just use the long hose attachment for them. I have 2 cats and my Dyson is a godsend for me! I love my Dyson so much we bought the newer ball driven one for my summer home. love that too since we have all hardwood floors there. Couldn't ( and wouldn't) live without my Dysons!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I've had a Dyson Animal since they were first introduced and it's still going strong. You'll be lucky if your Shark is still working in three years. I wouldn't waste my money.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I don't have a Dyson, but I do have the Shark Rotator Liftaway Pro that I'm very satsfied with.
Valued Contributor

My Dyson animal is about eight years old; Works great in my three level home with four cats. I don't think you can compare the two. My friend has a shark for one of the levels of her home! but uses her Oreck more often for their large home as it just works more efficiently. I think if you have a smaller area to cover it probably works great for the shark! and they are a lot less $ to invest.
Contributor

I don't have a Dyson (would love to though), but I do have the Shark Navigator Lift Away. I like the Shark but it seems to be topheavy to me. The lift away part just "sits" on top of the vacuum and seems unbalanced. You may want to try one before you buy one. Just a suggestion.