Trusted Contributor

Anyone have a COREtec floor?

I recently bought a different house and the laminate was ruined when the ice maker leaked.  Over $2,000 worth of damage.

I am considering a floor made with COREtec product.  This is the product: Bliss COREtec One Surfside

It has a waterproof core and is vinyl plank flooring.  It is commercial grade durability, and cleans with plain water or a little ammonia in water.  

If you have this flooring, do you like it?  Pros and cons, please.

Thank you for your any info you may have.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a COREtec floor?

I dont have it but I've always considered vinyl the most practical solution for kitchen and other heavy-duty floors.   I wouldn't hesitate to get this product. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I haven't heard of the COREtec floor.  I do have Shaw Floating Vinyl Plank flooring that my son and I installed in my house after tearing out older Pergo laminate.

I have senior pets, including one dog who has epilepsy, so flooring that is easily cleaned and NOT DAMAGED by moisture was critical in my selection.  I actually used a left-over piece of the vinyl plank outside last winter.  I ran the outdoor extension cord for my christmas lights in a groove on my walkway, then placed the flooring piece over it, weighted down with a paver on both edges.  I left that there all winter and through the spring.  When I picked it up after all those months, it still was in like new condition.

Vinyl is also warmer under foot that laminate and it really looks great.

Honored Contributor

I don't have this brand but I do have vinyl woodplank floors in my camper and I love them. So easy to care for.