Honored Contributor

Anyone ever watch Flip or Flop Las Vegas?

I have watched it a couple of times, and really like it. The couple do not decorate every house in the same type of design, in fact they do such different designs sometimes, that I am not sure if I like it, but it is different, and interesting! The couple's names are Aubrey and Bristol.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever watch Flip or Flop Las Vegas?

[ Edited ]

We DVR this show, we like it a lot.   They are a very cute couple, I like some of their  designs (her design style is very blingy so I don't love all of "afters").  They take on some nasty projects and turn them into beautiful homes.

I like this couple far better than Tariq and Christina from the LA Flip or Flop.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen it, but don't like the one by the Fords. I'll have to check this one out.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I've never seen it, but don't like the one by the Fords. I'll have to check this one out.

Neither do I!  They are too "quirky" for my taste.  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Mj12  I swear I've seen them ruin a perfectly good house. Some of these new designers, or so called designers, have no talent.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Mj12  I swear I've seen them ruin a perfectly good house. Some of these new designers, or so called designers, have no talent.

I liked the Ford's last season shows, but this season leaves a lot to be desired.

Honored Contributor

We watch them at times and like their shows.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN , hello!  It was recently in the news here that they’d been sued by people who’d bought one of their homes.  Charges were failure to pull necessary permits and, I think, work not done to code.  Not sure how it played out or if it’s still underway.

Super Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN , hello!  It was recently in the news here that they’d been sued by people who’d bought one of their homes.  Charges were failure to pull necessary permits and, I think, work not done to code.  Not sure how it played out or if it’s still underway.

They settled, and Bristol and Aubry ended up reselling the home for more money.  The couple that bought it was from out of state.

"It said they made the purchase after seeing the home online and later learned that the house on 2405 La Estrella St. would be featured on a “Flip or Flop Las Vegas” episode titled “Beach Cottage in the Desert” in June 2017.

They made a claim the Bristol Marunde “was not and has never been a contractor licensed in the state of Nevada or any other state at the time of the taping or airing of the television episode.”  I do wonder about that.  I would think that HGTV would check out something that basic before signing them to a contract and making that claim.  It is easy enough to check.  

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/henderson/suit-alleging-fraud-by-stars-of-flip-or-flop-las-vegas...

Honored Contributor

I watch this show. I think they are a nice enough couple but designers? NO! I'm thinking her outrageous designs are because they are in Las Vegas. Sure it great to find things on sale but some of the stuff she brings into their homes is a horrible waste of money. 

"Pure Michigan"