Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else notice that the globes on VPH scenes under glass

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo I got the notification. 

I have one apothecary that does this.  It has some clear acrylic beads in it along with a flameless candle in a glass jar.  I admit that I don't clean it very often on the inside, because it is in the far corner and out of sight, out of mind.   

I just didn't think to ask everyone if they had a problem with the cloudiness in the cloches.  I'm glad MIO asked.  I have a couple of apothecary jars that I have lemons and limes in and they just get dusty but not cloudy. Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

I also am glad MIO said something.  I was annoyed by it, but didn't think to ask others about it. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't notice it on mine that I got this year.  Just checked and it looked good but the lights weren't on.  Will have to remember to look tomorrow when it is lit.

But then again maybe my eyes are cloudy all the time so it looks normal to me.  LOL

JPC

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed.  I inspected mine for defects.  The glass wasn't very dirty, so I didn't wash it.  I left it out for two weeks with the timer, then put it away.  I'll have to take it out, wash it and test it again.  Thanks for the heads up.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have both last year's & I still have the new church & gingerbread cloches out for this year in battery testing mode.  I use Windex "Streak Free Shine" glass & surface wipes on my domes & have not ever detected the cloudiness...yet.  I swear by these moistened wipes;  I get them at my local Publix.  HTH!

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. Isn't it funny how we can have an issue, and just assume it is us. They say you never know if you don't ask. I always ask!

Makes me wonder, what might we be breathing in that is coming out of this stuff, if it is doing that to the glass?

Super Contributor

I had my snowman one out for a good 2 weeks with the dome on and never detected it getting foggy or cloudy at all.. hmmm..