Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else here collect/use vintage Pyrex?

Yes I inherited my deceased Mom's vintage Pyrex pieces which she used daily since she was married, along with her Corningware Cornflower Blue pattern items.

I also have collected my own of the above, and use them daily now.

The Pyrex and Corningware have withstood the test of time, and faithfully keep working with no problems whatsoever.

Respected Contributor

The old Pyrex is much safer in the oven than the new pieces.  I inherited my mothers primany color mixing bowl set she got as a wedding gift in 1946.   They have never been the dishwasher and are like new. I treasure them because of the memories associated with what she used them for.

Honored Contributor

I used to collect.  Got most really cheap.  Lots of olive green with white flowers and vis versa.  I have a set of nesting bowls in autumn colors with leaves.  Paid more than I wanted to at an antique store, but they were new in the box.  Also have a nesting bowls with tulips.

Respected Contributor

I have this set and my girls are trying to decide who will inherit it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I copied house_cat's photo because I think this is the set my Mother used all of the time as she had an aqua painted and accessorized kitchen, and it rings a bell in my mind, but it is long gone.

pyrex 1.jpg

I have this set.  My daughters are trying to decide who will inherity it!  Have used it for the past 50 years.