Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else here collect/use vintage Pyrex?

I'm loving everyone's pictures, and if I can get my kid to use his phone and help me post, I'll try to enter some pics later on here as well. My camera is not working right now.

I'm especially fascinated with the pinks and teal colors. That was never a part of my mom's idea of proper home decor (LOL) so we never had those, and I think they are so pretty. It seems we had mostly the primary colored sets, and I wish we still had the dinnerware set with the red rim that I grew up with, but it was ruined by the dishwasher, and given away in the 80's.

I certainly wish women hadn't given in to the dishwasher on their Pyrex, as it totally ruined so many finishes on those lovely pieces. What amazes me is how much of it is still around and how good shape so much of it is still in. 

Respected Contributor

We received casserole sets and baking dishes for gifts in 1980.  Still use them although a lid or two has broken.  Are those vintage?  I read the formula for pyrex has changed and newer dishes break easier.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

I copied house_cat's photo because I think this is the set my Mother used all of the time as she had an aqua painted and accessorized kitchen, and it rings a bell in my mind, but it is long gone.

pyrex 1.jpg

This is the set that my mother has.  A while back, she told me that a cousin took one of the bowls home with her years ago after a get-together, insistently thinking that it was hers for some reason, and even though my mom knew that it wasn't, she just let it go.  I want to get her the missing bowl from this set.  I need to go digging in her cabinets and figure out which one is missing. 

I like all of the colors and patterns in the photos everyone has shared.  I would be happy with any of them.  Fire King was also mentioned.  I love the little FK cup and saucers with the simple flower patterns.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't collect but I have 3 Pyrex ovenware teardrop bowls that I use for serving.  Just  love them

Valued Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I don't collect but I have 3 Pyrex ovenware teardrop bowls that I use for serving.  Just  love them

Zhills - this is PYREX??  I have this exact bowl with lid and it has a matching plate.  It came with my husband when we got married.  I have always wondered what it was.  It is a perfect size.

We also have a boatload of Spice of Life and also grab its which I use daily. 

Honored Contributor

100_2545.jpgOT, but this Corningware is my most used glass baking dish and with the rack it goes to the table too.  I love all the old dishes and bowls and it has proven to be very durable. I can't wait to see what else is posted here.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I copied house_cat's photo because I think this is the set my Mother used all of the time as she had an aqua painted and accessorized kitchen, and it rings a bell in my mind, but it is long gone.

pyrex 1.jpg

This is the set that my mother has.  A while back, she told me that a cousin took one of the bowls home with her years ago after a get-together, insistently thinking that it was hers for some reason, and even though my mom knew that it wasn't, she just let it go.  I want to get her the missing bowl from this set.  I need to go digging in her cabinets and figure out which one is missing. 

I like all of the colors and patterns in the photos everyone has shared.  I would be happy with any of them.  Fire King was also mentioned.  I love the little FK cup and saucers with the simple flower patterns.

I also like the Fire King cups and saucers.  I have a few in my c/s collection.  My Mother had a cabinet full of them in the jadeite, peach lustre and the white with the little flowers in different colors.  This thread really makes you go take a look at what we have from years ago, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for reminding me, lucymo.  I also have these mugs.  We had them in my home when I was a child, but I don't know what happened to them.  I'm sure I paid at least 10x more for them than my mom and dad did in the 1960s.

mugs.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Thanks for reminding me, lucymo.  I also have these mugs.  We had them in my home when I was a child, but I don't know what happened to them.  I'm sure I paid at least 10x more for them than my mom and dad did in the 1960s.

mugs.jpg

I don't think we ever had those, but I really like them.  I'll have to start looking around for them and add one or two to my collection.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

We had several of these in our home when I was growing up.