Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have a finial headache?

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

I am still deliberating on whether to order VPH's H205287 in the red; I already have silver coming.  I have also ordered Jill's H205981 s/5 in the red.  I don't know whether to cancel Jill's & order Val's set in red; that's the headache I have right now.  I'm going to watch the recordings again, maybe that will help.  I love the break from batteries with Jill's set.  What to do, what to do...

Hi BornToShop, I suggest not waiting too long to make a decision...you might be 'locked in' to your order. I just noticed my mosaic trees has shipped and is already on it's way to the UPS facility in NC! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi BTS, Susan is right, my reindeer shipped yesterday.  If you want early ship it takes sometimes four days to ship but if you are considering editing the order it seems to go out fast. Murphy's Law, I guess.  lol I have to stop ordering or I won't be able to use all of it.  I think I'll start making a draft of how I'm decorating this year, maybe that will curb the ordering.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Hi BTS, Susan is right, my reindeer shipped yesterday.  If you want early ship it takes sometimes four days to ship but if you are considering editing the order it seems to go out fast. Murphy's Law, I guess.  lol I have to stop ordering or I won't be able to use all of it.  I think I'll start making a draft of how I'm decorating this year, maybe that will curb the ordering.

Hi All: I was wondering if everyone had to spend today recouperating.  LOL.  

Lucy: My reindeer still haven't shipped but I'm sure it should be in the next day or two. I ordered them early in the day, which I guess really doesn't matter. The only other thing I ordered was another church cloche. I actually got in on the advanced order one but we'll see if I actually get a good one.  Decided I wanted one for a gift.  Hope you start posting as your items arrive.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

Hi Lucymo, I've been doing the same in my head...lol. A few areas are going to remain the same...like the fiber optic tree w/white foxes and the centerpiece for our coffee table...the VPH fruit wreath, red hammered hurricane w/Luminara candle.. A few areas I have about 3-5 different ideas and I'm having a tough time deciding which to do this year...hard decisions! 

It would be so much easier if we had a bigger house...LOL...I could display everything I want! I am trying to include at least 1 of the cloches, the white birch Luminara candles, the new frosted finials, mosaic trees...just to name a few. I have decided to give all Santas a break this year, so that helps eliminate some decor from all my options.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I love it! A floor plan layout of the Christmas decor. 

I have a friend that used to sit with a piece of graph paper after she looked at a house for sale, and would lay out each room with furniture based on the sizes and the openings (doors, windows, closets). She was consumed with this. I'd bet there are new ways of doing it on the computer these days. 

I went around the house last year and took a picture of each display I had done, because I totally changed up the things I had done in holiday decorating for decades. I was afraid it was all so new and different I'd never remember what I did. 

I also got some new plastic bins, and put each vignette in it's own tub, to keep all items displayed together, stored together as well. It was the first time that I ever purchased everything for a particular grouping, all at once (or in the same season) with the intent of creating and matching each other. I'm hoping that makes set up a little easier this year. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Just saw that my reindeer shipped. Should have them before Friday. Lucy let me know what you think when yours arrive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I love it! A floor plan layout of the Christmas decor. 

I have a friend that used to sit with a piece of graph paper after she looked at a house for sale, and would lay out each room with furniture based on the sizes and the openings (doors, windows, closets). She was consumed with this. I'd bet there are new ways of doing it on the computer these days. 

I went around the house last year and took a picture of each display I had done, because I totally changed up the things I had done in holiday decorating for decades. I was afraid it was all so new and different I'd never remember what I did. 

I also got some new plastic bins, and put each vignette in it's own tub, to keep all items displayed together, stored together as well. It was the first time that I ever purchased everything for a particular grouping, all at once (or in the same season) with the intent of creating and matching each other. I'm hoping that makes set up a little easier this year. 

I have been taking pics for several years of how I decorate. My folders are put into one folder simply called 'decor'. Then the folders on the inside are just 3...Spring/Summer, Fall, Holiday/Christmas. Then in each of those folders is the year. That also helps me decide which decor set up I want to keep or let go of too Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I think perhaps that finials are the new "spheres" for the Q this season!

I liked the acrylic ones last year because they reminded me of Russian palaces, especially in the frosty white, but was then tempted by the ones on VPH's banner.  In reality, Jill's are probably a better bang for the buck, and Jill's gold is more of the antique gold I prefer over Val's.

I say all of this with a snicker...I kept putting them in and out of my cart but never pulled the trigger on them.  Guess I will wait for reviews and then the "as is" pieces.  Christmas stuff will be around for several months versus the Harvest pieces which you have to nab when they become available.

Respected Contributor

I've always been going to order these but the colors are confusing.  The silver and blue both look blue to me.  I don't like the idea of the batteries.  I think that's the clincher for me.  These items that require batters never, ever last as long as they say. 

I also notice that almost everything in Valerie's shows range around the same price; $19, 29, $39.  It's just odd.  I did end up getting the sitting foxes (no batteries required).  I found them very cute and unique.  I was very disappointed that they showed them for like 30 seconds and then boom, on to the next item.  They move too quickly in her shows.  I just get confused and end up getting nothing.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Susan L, that's a great idea to do the folders.  I learn so much from my friends here on the forum.  I think we just watch and like too much stuff.  I'm really good at being selective in the stores and it could be because I can really see it for what it is.  I have ordered items online that I know I would not buy in the stores if I saw it.  I'm pretty much finished with buying Christmas decor for this year.  I'm sure I'll pick up a few things at HL, Marshalls, etc like greenery, flowers, that kind of stuff. I was bored with Valerie's show last night, nothing interested me.  Did you buy anything?