Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching the Catherine Zeta Jones Home Show?

I just wrote a review of my velvet damask comforter set in King, Natural. 

I wanted to copy and paste it here but I forgot to copy it before submitting.  Oh well.  Here is a summary:

The material is baby soft and the damask pattern in the natural, particularly on the lighter side, is so pretty and vintage-looking. 

The shams and accent pillows are great...but...

The comforter I received was loaded with flaws.  It arrived unraveled along the top seam, batting exposed.  I could have fixed that if it was the only issue, but the binding along all the edges was a huge mess.  In some places, it was at least an inch wide, while in other places, it got stitched into the comforter seam so much so that it actually disappeared into the comforter seam.  Unbelievable! 

There are a few 2-4 inch long stitched areas which secure the dark side to the batting.  Unfortunately, nobody was paying attention to where the stitches were placed in relation to the comforter edges, and the whole perimeter bunches and twists when placed on the bed. 

I am so bummed because I love this color and pattern and the softness. There are way too many issues to even consider trying another.  I hope they get this worked out.  So disappointed. 

If you got this item, please inspect thoroughly.  HTH!

Honored Contributor

That's terrible @SHOPR.  The items looked beautiful when they were presented.  I hope they post your review.  I think I would be afraid to order anything of hers now.  She's going to be on again tonight at 11:00.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, I see that they posted my review.  I'm surprised to see it show up the same day I submitted it. 

I had no idea that there was a Casa Zeta-Jones show on QVC2 at 5pm ET today.  The items recently aired shows that she presented a new rug and throw and some previous items. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@NickNack, I see that they posted my review.  I'm surprised to see it show up the same day I submitted it. 

I had no idea that there was a Casa Zeta-Jones show on QVC2 at 5pm ET today.  The items recently aired shows that she presented a new rug and throw and some previous items. 

@SHOPR  I read your review and saw another similar review.  It's too bad that only people who ordered the king size will be able to read it.  I don't understand why each size is a separate item #.  I read one review under the queen size that hadn't even ordered the comforter.  She just said that she loved it and would have ordered it if it had been offered in the king size.  I don't think they should print reviews like that.  She gave it 5 stars without even seeing the comforter because she didn't order it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, You may not have noticed, but my review for this comforter set is the first one I've ever written under this current account.  I've bought plenty, but I'm so disgusted by the type of reviews that QVC allows, that I haven't felt at all inclined to contribute, until this particular incident. 

There is so much room for improvement in their review system.  :-( 

I just saw the review that posted after mine.  Wow.  Her experience sounds like mine.  Not good.  I know that I am a picky person, but these flaws were unacceptable and apparently not all that isolated.  Sad. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR I hope that Catherine Zeta Jones reads the reviews.  Maybe she can do something about where these are made or quality control.  I'm sure she will be disappointed, because she really seems to have put her heart into this line.  It all looked so pretty in that first show.  I almost ordered a set of sheets but decided to wait and read the reviews.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Very surprised to see her on the Q.  She is very, very thin.  I need to get a closer look at her items because the cameraman is not doing a very good job.  She was excellent in Chicago.  I wish she would come back and make some more movies.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Is the feather bed with the handles really her line? I brought it early this year from the Q before her line came to the Q.
Respected Contributor

Morning, I recorded the show at it was at 11 pm and I was sleeping but just watched it.  I love Jill doing it with her, it's more quiet.  I love her things, however I'm sorry some things were flawed, hopefully it's a rare occurance .   I don't get QVC2, so can't watch that but I will watch at 11 am this morning.  Between that and Inspire Me home decor, I"m so loving it all.   My weakness is faux fur throws, and I see Catherine's new throw, also loved the rugs but too much money for me this time of the year.   I have grandchildren to buy for.  I do need a new down blanket though, but am waiting. 

I just enjoy watching and thinking out of the box as Linda Dano would say, who I also miss on the Q.   

Have a wonderful day!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the video for the two velvet soft Signature Rose throws.  @NickNack, Catherine mentioned that she does read all of the reviews.  That's good.  I am loving some of the designs and I truly hope the quality can be more consistent going forward. 

I see that there is a new comforter set today called Signature Lace.  I am liking this pattern a lot, perhaps not as much as I loved the velvet damask pattern, but definitely enough to consider getting it.  It's made of cotton, not polyester velvet, which could mean that it's easier to stitch together than the stretchy polyester, because it's a more structured fabric.  That's my hope, anyway.  I must watch its presentation and hope it gets lots of details and closeups (this is when I need Jill and her color descriptions) because the Tan is coming off yellow on my device screens.  I can't do yellow.  The Natural of the velvet damask was the perfect shade for me. 

@bopper, I have someone in mind for the Signature Rose throws or matching blankets.  I'm not sure that any of the colors will be perfect for this person, but boy is that a pretty rose pattern, especially in the dark gray which looks so dimensional on my screen.  The blue one that Jill called silvery purple might work for the person I have in mind.  Hoping to see it in more detail.