Super Contributor

Anyone Try Alien Tape? Feedback Please...

I watch a lot of videos online, and lately they've been showing commercials for Alien Tape, which appears to be a miracle product for hanging pictures, shelves, etc., on different surfaces.  I'm always skeptical due to so many products that have turned out to be 'too good to be true'.  Has anyone tried this product?  It's not overly expensive; I believe it's  $19.95 for more than one roll.  

Please reply with your review if you've tried Alien Tape.  Thanks!  😊

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Try Alien Tape? Feedback Please...

Please please please save your money!

I have had so many things fall off the wall but the tape is still there.

Takes about 3-4 wks plus for stuff to fall.  Just junk.

The advertisement says "the secret is" and then I'll insert my own words.

the secret is all the foolish people that spent $20 like me buying this junk only to have everything I put up fall later.

that's my review but you can find out for yourself, I found it locally on the shelf so I didn't have to send away for it.

Honored Contributor

I bought the Alien Draft Seal Strip. It has the same kind of sticky stuff on it. I put it around a drafty door and it works sooOOO good! Nothing has been better than that. It's awesome.

Honored Contributor

Ive had good luck with it on a smooth, hard, non-porous surface like wood, glass, porcelain tile, hard plastic.  No painted surface or dry wall, no texture.    I don't know that I'd trust a shelf. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Oh...that's a good idea and I am going to try it!

@Northern Belle 2 

I bought one roll from eBay or Amazon, can't remember, so I could try it without spending $35.  I paid $6 for a roll and have had mixed results.  Some hooks I used it with fell down, others did not, same surface and prep.  On flat horizontal applications you just need a tiny bit to keep an item in place. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to reply earlier, but couldn't log in; I'm happy that the boards are back to normal.

Thanks for your honest reviews.   The true test of a product is that it stands the test of time, and it sounds like this stuff will not hold up for the long term. 

Respected Contributor

I tried the gorilla glue stips and sadly they didn't work either.  Back to picture hangers............