Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Have a Prayer Closet?

@Mom2Dogs   love that movie !

Respected Contributor

I have a small sitting room directly off our master bedroom and I love to sit there and read my inspirational books. The space is very peaceful.

Honored Contributor

I do not but we talk about it all the time at church. My husband and I first heard about it from a movie called The War Room, which is an excellent movie, and they spoke about and showed the Prayer Closet.....I pray on my hands and knees at my bed-side like I did as a child........  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not have a prayer closet or a specific location dedicated for praying.  While I appreciate the sentiment behind the movie, I don't believe a designated location is required or that the location makes the individual's prayer more effective.  In the book of Romans, Christian believers are instructed to be instant in prayer.  That means when someone becomes a Christian, they are indwelled with the Holy Spirit.  Because of that, they are able to be in constant, immediate communication with God The Father, whether sitting at a desk, driving the car, laying in bed, taking a shower, etc.  That said, if an individual selects a specific location for their daily devotions, prayer, reading, etc., in order to make themselves feel more centered, committed, or connected, that's up to them.

Honored Contributor

I've heard of a gift closet but not a prayer closet.  I could pray that my closet fills up with gifts.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

A prayer closet? ... A gift closet?

When did a closet become a designated space for one purpose?

The only remotely specific closets I do have are a bath closet and a hall coat closet.

and, both of those have more in them then bath related or coat related items.

All other closets here are definitely fair game with a mixture of clothing Items,

along with various storage bins and boxes. 

I am surely behind the times... and, I like it that way just fine.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

War Room was excellent. It demonstrated the power of earnest prayer.

I loved it. 

Honored Contributor

Whether or not you are religious, having a quiet place in your home where you can be introspective and reflective cannot be a bad idea.  When I was a young mom I'd sometimes close myself in the bathroom to think and write in my journal.  Whatever works.

~ house cat ~