Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Have a Prayer Closet?

Like everyone else here, I generally pray whenever and wherever the desire arises.  Although not a closet (is the purpose for not making a public show of it as much as for the quiet?), there is a particular window in my home where I often find myself for prayer.

@Mary Bailey   If I quote the verse, I'm afraid it'll get this thread shut down, but there is one in the Bible that speaks about sighing being a prayer. If you're interested, look up Romans 8:26.  It's one of my favorites. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The great preacher John Wesley had a praying Mother.  It has been said that despite raising 19 children, everyday she would take time to cover her head with her apron and pray for each one of them.   IamMsG:  Another of my favorites is Romans 8:28.  I claim that verse constantly in my walk.

Esteemed Contributor

What a lovely thought.  However, like most of you, I pray anywhere, anytime, for big things and small things.  As long as we keep praying, it can be just that......anywhere, anytime!

Thanks for your input!

Honored Contributor

I never heard of anything like that.  I don't know why anyone would need one.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree , if you are a prayer warrior, you might want a disignated space this is meant for praying only....the War Room movie is a good movie to watch if you are interested.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine has one of her spare bedrooms set up as a mini chapel complete with a kneeling rail and a table (altar).  I'm like most of you, I can send off prayers anytime, anywhere and don't need a special place.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Thank you to all who mentioned or suggested War Room.  I had not heard of it, but, from your recommendations, searched for it on Amazon Prime, watched the trailer, then saved it to my watch list.  I'm looking forward to seeing it, maybe this evening.  Thank you again, interesting conversations and learning things like this is why I keep coming back to the forums.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These were very popular many yrs ago when I was deeply involved in church,  it is mainly for meditation  and  not for our  our regular everyday prayers .It is a place that you go and read scripture  (or not) and meditate on it. A place  to  go and be alone with God and your Godly  thoughts. 

Like I said a place  mostly  for meditation..................

and if you are a prayer warrior and have many people to pray for ,yes it is a good place to go to     Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG  as I mentioned earlier, DH and I saw this movie with our Sunday School class, we had a potluck then watched the movie.  I hope you enjoy the movie.....I am not as spiritual as some but appreciated the great effort the woman put in to her prayers....it is a heartwarming story.

Valued Contributor

No room for a prayer closet just a gift closet.