Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody else tired of their dining set?

I have a big oak square table and dark Windsor back chairs been in good use for a few years. I decided it was too dark and just fed up with it - so I looked up on Pinterest and have kind of paint washed the top in a lighter color - kind of shabby chic (spelling?) also just did the hugs and outside frame of the chairs in coordinating colors. Our big old hatch I antiqued in green colors again these are all not solid colors kind if washed. Brightened the whole end of our room up and everyone loves it. So check out re-doing your set it worked for us.
Respected Contributor

Correction to above should read legs and outside frame of chairs -sorry.
Super Contributor

I saw a cool table at a furniture store I really liked. I believe it was called a 'harvest' table... long but not real wide. It had extensions at the ends that pulled out and up to lock in place for extra seating. It had two pedestals so there was lots of leg room. LOVED it! THAT's what I'm working to get!

Valued Contributor

No. And never will be. I had it custom made for our kitchen by Charleston Forge. Beautiful. And I have my grandmother's dining room table and chairs in the dining room so it will never be tiresome. ;-)

Super Contributor

I HAVE a Country French dining set ...table has two leaves and can sit 12 people....also have the matching china closet. Have had this set for almost 50 years and would like to update...

HOWEVER.......when I think of all the family members who have sat at my table throughout the years.....some of which have passed on......I just can't bring myself to part with it. Too many nice memories !

Respected Contributor

I like my set but the chairs are heavy when you have to move them.