Trusted Contributor

Any way to get those awful little mirrors off my car mirror?

I bought those little magnifying mirrors that you put in the corner of your car mirrors. I find them very distracting and not helpful. But I don't see any way to remove them without ruinging my car mirrors. Has anyone been successful doing that?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any way to get those awful little mirrors off my car mirror?

My DH put them on and we didn't like them, so he had our mechanic take them off. HTH

Trusted Contributor

I would try using a hair dryer to get them extremely hot, then gently wiggle them until they break free.  While the remaining glue is still hot, wipe the excess free from your rear view mirror with a lint free cloth, and immediately follow up with a generous blast of Windex and more wiping.

Honored Contributor

My rental car Hyundai has them built right into mirror ugh very distracting for me!

Honored Contributor

I remember reading reviews on the ones they sell at Q some time back, and people complained that the adhesive was hard to remove, many at the time said it ruined their mirrors. Perhaps go look at the reviews that are here now, and see if anyone offered up a suggestion on how they removed it.

Honored Contributor

I like to use Goo Gone to remove adhesives.  I don't have those mirrors so can't say if it will help with those but has worked well for me on lots of problems.

Esteemed Contributor

Different strokes for different folks (still stands I guess).  I LOVE those mirrors - I can see vehicles in my blind spot without even turning my head (corner of the eye)....and backing out of shopping centers I see clearly there's no mother w/baby behind me before backing out of parking spot.

Such a safety feature I say.

Respected Contributor

WD 40 will remove adhesive residue....

Honored Contributor

DH really loves those little mirrors but the glue backing on ours always seems to dry out after awhile and fall off whether we want them to or not..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

The problem isn't removing the glue---haven't gotten that far yet. I am afraid to try to pry off the little mirror, thinking I will break the mirror itself. If I could get it off, then I could try to remove the glue residue. It would cost a lot to replace the original mirror.