Frequent Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for a washer/dryer?

LG top load. I love mine! They have great ratings with Consumer Reports also.

Regular Contributor

I ordered the speed queen washer and dryer after reading the posts and doing some research. I found an LG or Samsung that actually had great ratings BUT it was very tall and people commented they could not reach the bottom. I can barely reach the bottom of the maytag I had which is not as tall! The speed queen comes with a great three year warranty and while it is not as nitfy looking as some others I read a lot of reviews online and they were all great also. It was not expensive compared to the ones with all of the bells and whistles but I just need to do some laundry! Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

I had a Kenmore washer that lasted about 13 years. Although a dryer repairman told me that Samsung front loaders were the way to go,I just got a new Whirlpool HE top loader that's fantastic! I do tons of laundry because kids play lots of sports and the clothes come out great!! My sister had Whirlpool front loaders and both her washer and dryer died within 5 years. She also replaced hers with top loaders. Most HE machines take alot longer to do a load of wash since you're using alot less water. I prefer the top loaders though.

Honored Contributor

I can't not have a front loader washer where I live, my house is old and floors are to weak (no basement).

I just purchased a top loader Whirlpool -with agitator at lowes. Love it, does a great job of washing clothes. It is quiet. Spinning doesn't shake, rattle or roll .

Fills quickly. I paid $500 for washer. My dryer is a Samsung that is on a pedestal drawer. Love my dryer. It really dries my clothes well and has so many cycles you can choose from and they do work, have tried most of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Over the past 30 years I have had 2 sets. They were both Roper by Whirlpool. Top loaders, 3 wash, 3 dry cycles. They do a great job and last forever. My current set is 10 years old. The first set lasted 20.

They are very well priced. I got mine at Lowe's.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Contributor

I bought a Speed Queen 6 months ago after reading all the reviews on this board. I have to say I love it. No electronics to break down and the machine has all metal parts inside. The appliance store told me that it was the best machine made, and it has the best warranty.
Trusted Contributor

On 11/1/2014 betteb said:

Over the past 30 years I have had 2 sets. They were both Roper by Whirlpool. Top loaders, 3 wash, 3 dry cycles. They do a great job and last forever. My current set is 10 years old. The first set lasted 20.

They are very well priced. I got mine at Lowe's.

I think things have changed...no appliances are made like the ones even 10 years ago.

Thanks for your replies ladies. I am going to check out the Speed Queen as it seems to have so many positive reviews.