Honored Contributor

Re: Any fellow "fallophiles" here?

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

Congrats on your new home! I'm sure you are enjoying the Fall weather -- love your porch everything so welcoming🍁🍂🎃

Fall is my favorite season although living in FL now really truly don't experience it BUT I still decorate for my "joy".

Thank you for sharing and look forward to seeing others homes for Fall and of course, the Christmas season.

homedecor1

PS:  Our homes are currently being painted in a Urban Putty & darker trim we can select different front door color with HOA approval.

I was thinking a heritage blue but now seeing your red door-- I love it!  Would you mind sharing the paint info?  Thank you 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Please share if your are comfortable I'd love to see your beautiful home.  Sounds lovely & I agree with you -- home magazine pics are fine but I get best ideas from others here.

Happy Fall🍁🍂

homedecor1

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, I will certainly think about it.  It’s definitely Early American, but my house is not an antique.  My style is “out” now, but I just love it.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

My DD likes antiques, but her DH not so much.  Kind of limited.

My DS not really, likes more plain stuff.  DIL yes, has a number of things.  I had an original, unpainted wicker doll carriage.

My DIL had to sneak it into the house for my GD.  

Where did I go wrong?

@PamfromCT 

Honey, you never went wrong.  Just chalk it up to "taste".  People see something and some aspect of that item brings up a dislike or negative visual memory.

Ethan Allen Furniture Showroom wanted me, but I didn't want to be tied to a computer half of the time.  I wanted to work with color.Smiley Happy