Honored Contributor

Any fellow "fallophiles" here?

Self-proclaimed "fallophile" here! Autumn is my favorite season! I traditionally switch my decor on Labor Day weekend.  The last 20 years I lived in Los Angeles, where autumn is pretty much non-existent. Now I'm in the mountains of NC and can hardly wait for the leaves to start changing. My decor is always simple, but I started this week.  Please show photos of your home as you decorate. It really makes my heart happy to see them.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 6.16.05 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Any fellow "fallophiles" here?

How lovely and welcoming!

I especially like the beautiful plaque.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@house_cat,

I love your porch, your rockers like every porch should have! and the simple lovely decorations.

I agree with @ECBG -so welcoming!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I don't normally post pictures or I would.  I changed all my decor over too and am loving it.  Fall is my favorite season and I just cannot wait to feel that ****** in the air and for it to get chilly enough for the fireplace.   Northeast is beautiful this time of year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your porch is lovely, @house_cat .

I would most certainly share photos, but my iPhone is now a different format than what this site allows and it would take a new platform to be able to upload to this site.

Jpeg is getting passed by for better clarity and resolution.  Like Adobe.  Not used as much anymore, or at least not exclusively.

We'll see what happens.  I'm not willing to add stuff to my computer to be able to share.  It's going to be up to web site developers to merge technologies, and I don't see QVC doing that anytime soon.

Anyway, enjoy the falling leaves!  I hope you can reach your gutters easily!

Cogito ergo sum
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat, Thank you for sharing your lovely fall porch.  How I love those rockers and the sign, as well.

A while back, I had thought of sharing pictures of my Early American decorating.  I had thought it would be interesting for folks to see my wall stenciling, antiques, etc. more often seen in some New England homes.

I have only shown something once. One and done.

I really appreciate those who share pictures of a real home, not pictures clipped from decorating magazines or books meant for those with boundless budgets.  

Respected Contributor

@house_cat 

You did a lovely job decorating.  It's so welcoming & festive, even your door.  Your family & friends could sit on those rockers & enjoy nature at its best.

Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

Really adorable!

Here in Northern MI, anything that's not plastic can become a tasty snack for the local wildlife. 😊

Honored Contributor

@house_cat Love your decor and your Red Door! So pretty! I haven't changed over to Fall Decor yet, but will post when I do within the next two weeks!

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0068 (3).jpeg

After some work, @house_cat , I converted and cropped this photo.  Happy fall!!!

Cogito ergo sum