Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Speed Queen washing machine owners here?

I am yet another happy owner of a Speed Queen washer / dryer with mechancial controls. I had a front load washer in the past and it wouldnt get clothes clean.  There is nothing like soaking dirty clothes in a full tub of hot soapy water to get them clean, what  a concept!  LIfe is too short to suffer with an overpriced front load washing machine that won't clean your clothes!

I wonder why Speed Queen is not sold at Home Depot or Lowes? I got mine at a local applicance vendor.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 wrote:

@marky

I find the dryer is so hot that you could burn your hands. I have dropped clothes on the floor because they were very hot. You have to let it go through the cool down cycle. 

There must be different drying settings, aren't there? I've never used the hottest setting to dry anything, because I figure it's too hard on the items. 

Honored Contributor

I have had many washers and dryers in my life, when i moved here i bought a front loader, it lasted only 3 years, i looked on line for speed queens ,called a local store and bought it ,i just love it .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Black Pony wrote:

I am yet another happy owner of a Speed Queen washer / dryer with mechancial controls. I had a front load washer in the past and it wouldnt get clothes clean.  There is nothing like soaking dirty clothes in a full tub of hot soapy water to get them clean, what  a concept!  LIfe is too short to suffer with an overpriced front load washing machine that won't clean your clothes!

I wonder why Speed Queen is not sold at Home Depot or Lowes? I got mine at a local applicance vendor.  

Because they are to good,don't have to replace ,others are junk.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Any Speed Queen washing machine owners he

i hurd that alot of big box stores dont sell speed queen bucause the last so long thats why they dont carry them. they want to sell what doesnt last so long so people buy more often. pretty messed up of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Speed Queen washing machine owners he

The delivery guy walked me through every setting on my machine and explained what it was used for, which ones I would use the most, etc.

I also read the book.  

I am amazed at how short the drying cycle is.  I rarely need to use "more dry" as I separate sheets and towels.  It says it dries faster if you put like thicknesses/material in vs a mish mash of stuff (paraphrasing).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I'd like to be one...

~Quack

Valued Contributor

I am pretty sure Alliance, who manufactures Speed Queen, wants to vet who sells their machines and usually chooses places with service in mind in case something needs servicing.   So that is why the big box stores are not allowed to sell them.  Oddly though, you can buy a machine on Amazon and have it delivered to your house, I guess you will have to lug it in and set it up yourself.