Trusted Contributor

Any Speed Queen washing machine owners here?

Hello,

I am considering buying a  brand new Speed Queen washing machine.  The capacity seems a bit small, tho, as I need a machine large enough to hold King Size quilts.  Do any of you have experience with this? 

Any help will be greatly and gratefully appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Speed Queen washing machine owners here?

Boy did you come to the right place. There are a great deal of Speed Queen owners here. I don't have one now, but will replace mine with one when it goes. They come in all sizes. You can check out their website just google speed queen.
Regular Contributor

I have owned my Speed Queen washer and dryer for 8 years.  I have never had any trouble with either machine.  Everything including the gears is made of stainless steel.  I purchased the set after my 20 year old Maytag died.  The parts for it were unavailable.  I have been able to wash king sized blankets and a quilt that I have without any problem.  I do lay the quilt out to dry.  I was so impressed with the durability that I recommended them to my son, the fire chief, when the washer and dryer quit working at the fire department.  They wash their fire suits in them after a fire.  I can't imagine a harder test.  I highly recommend the Speed Queen washer and dryer.  I purchased the set without any whistles and bells.  My repair man said that anything that he has had to fix on Speed Queen was always an added feature.  Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

Tigriss and Tuppermore:  Thanks so much for your replies.

My goodness, Tuppermore, being able to wash firefighter suits certainly IS a great recommendation!!  Thanks again for the info.

Respected Contributor

Also interested. Went washer looking today. My 4 year old Kenmore sick with parts not available. Totally frustrated since previous Kenmore had been about 15 years old. Not impressed with new HD machines.
Valued Contributor

I own a Speed Queen and the capacity is much larger than it appears. A king size comforter will wash in there just fine. Its like if you took it to a laundramat. The water fills up to your desire. The clothes actually get covered in water and get a good wash and a good rinse. Its like an old style to where you can add water, lift the lid, add clothes, simple to use and does a wonderful job. I would not trade mine for anything. I cannot recommend this brand enough. Its repair history speaks for itself and most of all MADE IN USA!

Buy one, you wont be sorry.

Beckybllu

Super Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Hello,

I am considering buying a  brand new Speed Queen washing machine.  The capacity seems a bit small, tho, as I need a machine large enough to hold King Size quilts.  Do any of you have experience with this? 

Any help will be greatly and gratefully appreciated.

It's about a year that I have my washer; replacing a 20 year Kenmore.. I did my research with all the front loaders & decided on a Speed Queen because of its quality.. Check out their website & they tell you how it works and has some video on its operation.. Defintely recommend!!!

Respected Contributor

I had a Kenmore Front loader W/D and I just hated them.   Even though they weren't very old I  could no longer tolerate using them.  I purchased a Speed Queen top loader W/D and I couldn't be more pleased.  Best investment I ever made.  

I can run a load in 30 minutes compared to the 58 minutes my other washer took to complete a load.   Everything comes out smelling fresh and clean.  

I would never have any other brand other than Speed Queen.

Super Contributor

A few months ago, there was a discussion in this forum about the Speed Queen washers. I had just replaced my 15 year old LG front load with another set, or I would have taken the recommendations here and gone with the Speed Queen. It may be too late for me, even in the future, because the ladies here said that Speed Queen was going to the US standards for water usage this year some time, meaning the drum would no longer fill completely with water. I was bummed about that. I also wonder if those changes mean the gears will no longer be metal. Of course, now that the EPA is being neutered considerably, perhaps that water regulation will be dropped and Speed Queen won't have to make that's change. If anyone knows, please let ME know. I am curious. Also, please do not let this post spin into a political discussion. I really want to keep reading the thread and not have it get removed.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I've had my Speed Queen washer and dryer for about 6 weeks and absolutely LOVE them! I've washed a queen sized down comforter with plenty of space to spare, and it dried in just two 40 minute cycles in the dryer. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~