Honored Contributor

Do you mean the mirrored part or the frame?  My mother had several fine antique mirrors, and the mirrored part was just like they would be with new ones.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Well, I just don't like old things or things that look old (which keeps me away from all mirrors as much as possible)......so not for me.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have a few big mirrors from old antique dressers that are from the hubs family---not a fan and would give them away in a NY minute---they are oxidizing and the silver backing is peeling--looks like garbage. too big to hang anywhere as the things weigh a ton. Not a fan of antiques anymore-----

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   The mirrored part.  Bad juju.

Honored Contributor

I like to.mix antiques with contemporary pieces.  It "warms up" up contemporary,  which can be rather cold and without personality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just silly.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of antiques, period, and have a mirror I’m really tired of looking at, that is about ready to leave this house for good.  

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon I don't understand what you are inferring......what is the problem with an antique mirror, unless you just don't care for how it looks or it is damaged?

I have an antique dresser and mirror in my bedroom ....purchased at an antique store probably 25 years ago.  It's beautiful, and I love it.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I like to.mix antiques with contemporary pieces.  It "warms up" up contemporary,  which can be rather cold and without personality.

Kachina, I agree with you. I love to mix in some antiques to warm things up and make a room interestig.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee  I find them creepy in that horror movie sort of way.  I also find dolls and portraits (the old oil painting kind) creepy.

I have found that people either feel the same, or think it's bizarre.