Respected Contributor

Re: Anti Fatigue Floor Mat for kitchen

Thanks for the suggestions!  @spud188 , @Pook , @Carmie They no longer make the Paula Dean mat.

I'm considering one of these. The first one is from Costco and the second one is from BBB. Any suggestions as to which is better?

Smart Step Home Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat - Fleur de Lys Series
"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

The GelPro for me was more comfortable, but it split at the seams and the material cracked before it was a year old.  So, I purchased another one...did the same thing.

I had the Elite Basketweave. Mine were around $125 each.  I purchased the next size up than the standard.

The Costco mat I have had for around two years.  It looks brand new, no cracking and splitting.  I even clean it with my Bissell Crosswave with no problems.  It is comfortable, but not quite as soft as the GelPro.

There are reviews on the GelPro website where many people have had the same problems as I did.  I liked the comfort, but not the durability.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one of these at Costco, it was well made. my problem was it was a tripping hazard. I almost killed myself a few times and my DH tripped at night and went down. We are both too old to fall like that. We threw the rug out. 

Honored Contributor

@godi : That’s my concern. I really need something at th kitchen sink but afraid of tripping and falling. I had a bad fall in the kitchen last year with no rugs. I was standing up one minute and turn to the right and ended on the floor. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:
Would like recommendations for an anti fatigue floor mat for in front of my sink. The one I have now is from Paula Dean. I got it years ago from Evine. I love it! It still feels cushiony but has started to wear and no longer looks nice. These are no longer made. Would love to hear which ones you like.

@Starpolisher   I bought quite a few for the kitchen at amazon, four years later just as good as when I bought them.  You would have to put a nonskid liner underneath or they will slide around, also sold at amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher 

Just found this mat over the weekend at Walmart on clearance.

Was $64 reduced to only $17, price on bottom in yellow.

I got the last one at our Walmart, if you are near any it's worth a

try to check and see if any remain.20190328_150252.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!

I ordered the one from Costco...so we'll see!

@threecees 

Wish I had seen your post sooner! Will still check them out. A Walmart is right down the street from me.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

My friend has one of these in her kitchen. At her last party,  I must have tripped over that mat at least three times. 

This is not something I want in my home.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Pure LUX brown anti-fatigue mat -- 20" x 36" --  that I purchased from Costco around 3 yrs ago. It's in front of my kitchen sink - on my tile floor - so it slips a little. But - it's the best. It's still on-line and the price is $39.99 - several colors -and free shipping. They also have a larger size as well.

Respected Contributor

The only anti-fatigue mat I know that works if having the husband or kids or maid/cook do the cleaning up and cooking or dine out.  Otherwise wearing supportive shoes while you do the washing up and use an actual "anti-fatigue" mat will do it.  The supportive shoes really do make a difference.  I'm bad about being barefoot around the house; as soon as I come home the shoes come off.  In the winter as well since I wear house socks.  I have some Vionic slippers I wear when I'm doing housework like that and some Vionic and Clark flip flops that I wear in the warmer weather.