Honored Contributor

Re: Another decorating question this time bathroom

[ Edited ]

Nope; my style in decor (& fashion) is what I call "casual eclectic".  Woman Wink

I try to keep my home (& myself, LOL) looking somewhat decent, but that's about all.

I just use my favorite color to tie everything together throughout my home.

Moved into a new apartment last month; the bathroom now has pops of various shades of green and blue.  

Although I also enjoy some corals and yellows, and hope to add a bit here and there.

Esteemed Contributor

I think my bathroom will probably have to wait until we move in or it's almost done so I can get a feel of the layout and what will look good.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday:

Since you have muted earth tones in your safari decor, why not think about clear vibrant color(s) in the bathroom for contrast?

Most experts say that if you want to experiment with color, a small room is the way to start out.  8)

Kisses to your sweet Golden girl...

Trusted Contributor

I am cheaply eclectic.  $1.00 white wire waste can .78 cent soap dispenser, in yellow.  I do want the beach/bicycle bath acessories from JCP.-------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

Having everything match is a bit much for my taste. Currently, my good towels match my throw rug (lavender w/white) and everything else "goes" but doesn't match. My small waste basket is frosted white. Shower curtain is a brighter purple/white but is about to be replaced with solid white.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

I like to collect things and use non-traditional containers in the bathroom.  Right now I have a Polish Stoneware loaf pan that I hold my make up in. It looks sort of like this one-

I have two apple bakers that I use for cotton pads and as a place to soak/store my nightguard.

My toothbrush holder is a handmade spotted mug that I found at Goodwill.

Here is an example of non-traditional-

This is a garlic container, but I would use it for lots of things.

GARLIC JAR | Ceramic, Kitchen Accessory, Tools, Spice Container,... ❤ liked on Polyvore:

With the lid, it could store cotton balls or puffs, without it you could store make up brushes or toothbrushes.

You could use something like this for lip glosses or pots of eye shadow.

Kitchen Accessories:

Keep an eye out for kitchen items that can be used in the bath, like these:

Striking, stackable glass containers—think traditional with a twist—are perfect for organizing bathroom beauty supplies while saving space. (They’re both beautiful and functional.) If you really need to streamline things, they’re available in small sizes.:

An utensil crock can serve double duty- toilet brushes, toilet paper, or hair brushes-

Utensil Holder by GG Collection at Neiman Marcus.:

It's much easier to pick things up at Goodwill, T.J. Maxx, or other places and think about how you could repurpose them for the bath.  

Here is a "collection" of items that doesn't look too matchy matchy.

collect hotel soaps for the soap jar, remove the paper wrappers...perfect guest bath.: