Honored Contributor

Yesterday a fruit fly was flying around in the kitchen. It was annoying me. Yes, I am old and something as tiny as a fruit fly can annoy me. I tried to "get it" but I didn't.

This morning my husband had his tea. So I put a squirt of Dawn in the cup and water to keep the tea from staining the cup. I went back about an hour later and there was the fruit fly. He must have gotten trapped in the bubbles and couldn't get out.

So I found a new trap for fruit flies. Never thought that the scent of Dawn would attract a fruit fly.

Esteemed Contributor

It is even more annoying to go after a fly and later realizing it is actually a eye floater.  At least it keeps me amused.

Honored Contributor

I had one this morning, i got a cup out ,vinegar ,plastic wrap.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've heard that Dawn works for fruit flies.

A glass of wine works too!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Annoying fruit fly

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

It is even more annoying to go after a fly and later realizing it is actually a eye floater.  At least it keeps me amused.

just last week i realized the flies i was seeing were floaters.....finally got tired of seeing them....went to eye doctor.....i have a detached retina!!

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Is there anything dawn is not good for?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Is there anything dawn is not good for?

You are so right!

We have the "recipe" on our refrigerator for what to wash our dog with when he gets skunked. First ingredient - Dawn Dish Detergent

And I keep a bottle in the laundry room. It is great on stains.

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Still Raining 

So it's not just me! Whew, that makes me feel better.

Honored Contributor

Put a TBSP of wine in a plastic drink bottle.  Put it in the microwave just a secind to slightly warm it and create a scent and sit it on the counter.  The fruit flies will be drawn by the scent and drown.

Bye!  Bye!!!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I was having an issue with those pesky flies last year and found on line to use vinegar with a squirt of Dawn.  Even if I only see one, I put it out and usually find more than that when I come back the next morning.