Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat (Homedecor1) beds😉

Your story about your bed in @@spurt Q didwhat could have been written by me!!! Lucky for me I have my husband to help me turn the mattress it's a CA King but 3 days later it's full of "mountains, valleys & peaks!😉

We have been hitting the matress stores -- gotta love those salespeople who "insist" you have to "get this mattress" "it's the best on the market" & that's after we've laid on it for a whopping 10 minutes on our back no less!  Of course, it's big $$$$$$$

we went to this one mattress place and I said " I need to take my afternoon nap here how else will I know if it's comfy!" I think this young kid thought I was looney🙄

I'm pretty sure I will stay with the good ole Serta or Beautyrest non-pillow top.  Then I'll buy a nice pillow top mistress cover (like I have now) at least we can "flip" it.  

Buying a bed is harder than buying a pair of shoes -- gotta break them in to know if it's good!  I'm looking for the 30 day in home sleep offer.  There is nothing worse than trying to get out of a "valley" with RA & joints aching from no support (spouse has disc back issue & I don't have to tell you men moan more!!!)

Good luck in your hunt!  Oh and I can't believe Q delivery expected you to carry & place & set up alone. That's crazy!!!

try to have a good nite😴😴😴😴😴😴

Honored Contributor

Re: @Annabellethecat (Homedecor1) beds😉

@homedecor1,Not to intrude, but you might want to look at Sleep Number.  We've had one for years and love it!  Also, no matress turning!

Respected Contributor

I need a new bed too....I’ve been wondering about sleep number. @ECBG...Especially that smart bed 360 that meets your body contours when you move 🤔

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I need a new bed too....I’ve been wondering about sleep number. @ECBG...Especially that smart bed 360 that meets your body contours when you move 🤔

@Azcowgirl  Once when I was hospitalized I had a mattress that automatically adjusted when I moved.  It was wonderful.  I've never seen such a thing advertised.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl,LOVE sleep number!  You just adjust the firmness to what you need or want.  You don't bother DH at all and everyone gets what they love.  When I lie down or turn over, there is no awareness from movement on his side.  When he gets up, my side doesn't shake!  There are no issues of cleanliness or allergies with these matresses like you hear in matress ads.

We've had it 15 years and zero issues (except getting up of course!!!).

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1@ECBG@Kachina624@Azcowgirl

I may be the only one with this issue.

When I was working DH went out by himself to choose our new mattress. (Not a shopper)

I requested “please not a pillow top.” 

This oneis not a pillow top, but there is a layer of thick foam on top of the coils (not sure if there are coils).

The foam is awful about having deep indentation where my body goes. It form back into shape after a few hours, but foam doesn’t breathe.

We slept on a good, old-fashioned coil mattress at DD’s and I felt how it could breathe. DH said he slept so well there.

Any knowledge about if coil mattresses are still being manufactured? Thanks! 💗❤️🎈💜

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

I agree with you about the foam mattresses that are all the rage now—we hate them!  A few years ago we gave up our old coil/pillow tops since we felt they were old.  We ended up with a foam mattress and would give anything to get the old worn coil mattress back!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1,We have a business here that actually makes the matress you order.  They guarantee it and say you may bring it back until it's right.  

You might look into that type of businness in an area around where you live. 

Best of luck!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@LTT1

I agree with you about the foam mattresses that are all the rage now—we hate them!  A few years ago we gave up our old coil/pillow tops since we felt they were old.  We ended up with a foam mattress and would give anything to get the old worn coil mattress back!

@geezerette@LTT1,I can't stand a foam pillow that comes up around my face after sinking down.  I can only imagine what a matress is like.

Honored Contributor

we just got home from a big home show in our area.  Oh boy, I think my spouse is NOW thinking sleep number bed. He was impressed at the technology & how comfy he felt laying on it.

We both thought we wouldn't want it but maybe the selection.  I thought the way they did the "pressure points" on his body was pretty cool.

They also had another vendor there with the same type of technology (I think select comfort).  Interesting thou -- neither would quote us a price just directed us to a store!