Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Animal prints in home decor, yea or nay?

@PeterDM wrote:
Yay, but only in the bathroom. I have a porcupine print toilet seat.

ouch!

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Does it count it you use a real animal?  LOL

CIMG0030.JPG

@denisemb,  Yes, it counts even more.  I love animals.  That cat is adorable.  My Gdaughter found  two baby kittens abandoned and raised them on bottle and kept one, gave other to her friend.  Those two cats are living the good life.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the 5 animal print accents in my living room (pillows, throw, etc), but I could just as easily live without them if I ever tire of them.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think animal prints ever go totally away.  They've been around for centuries now.

I do like animal, but I also think in decorating and in clothing, a little animal goes a long way.   But I think that's true for many prints and many colors.

Honored Contributor

Yep, I have them. Probably too much for some people but I love them.

My friend does her house in all traditional I guess you would call it. Florals & light stripes & blues, yellows, mauves. Definitely not my taste but it looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure my house is not her taste but that's ok.

Love, love, love the cat picture. What a sweet looking thing. She has quite the life I'll bet!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:
Yay, but only in the bathroom. I have a porcupine print toilet seat.

ouch!

Hahahahahahah.............

Valued Contributor

II have just a couple of leopard print items for my kitties. I've never owned an animal print item for myself, but that is changing :-)  Just today I started looking for a tiger stripe print area rug for my crafting area. I might get leopard if i cant find a tiger that i can afford. Ironically, i saw it on one of the hoarding shows & i really liked it :-)

When i was a teenager, my mom had the most beautiful leopard print coat. I always thought she looked so beautiful & sophisticated when she wore it. If we were the same size, that coat would be in my wardrobe now. It was timeless.

Honored Contributor

Yes - but accents,  preferably.

Just like when someone's wearing it.  8)