Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@colliemom4 

saw dr on Monday and even though I'm still experiencing a bit of pain I did the "happy dance" when she gave me the ok to return to normal things, like pool, driving, etc. on a "limited basis".

I will start PT on Monday for 1 month.  Although, I walked the pool for 1 hour each day and it starting to feel better!

Thanks so much for asking! (smile)

homedecor1

@homedecor1  That's great news! I wish a speedy 100% recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

Such an amazing beginning! If your contractor continues to tackle every part of your remodel with so much energy, perhaps you'll be the first to have a remodel finished in time and without any glitches. Anxious to see pictures as this new kitchen progresses. This is so exciting and I'm so happy your dream kitchen is becoming a reality! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio 

When we remodeled, I just kept telling my husband to imagine the final result.  So hang in there.  I set up a table with coffee pot and toaster in our living room to help us get through the mornings!

By the way, I love the rocker on your deck.Is it Amish made?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennesseegal, Good idea!  We set up a little area on our porch, including a microwave.  Great for breakfast.  Dinner?  We’ve never had so much takeout food.  It was great.  Even simple sandwiches were delicious.  On elegant paper plates.

@mominohio, Just pack up your stuff and let things happen.  Tell yourself how your house is now does not matter.  I had to tell myself that, over and over.  I have always admired pictures of your home and decorating, so I can identify.  Pretty soon you will be putting your finishing touches in your beautiful new kitchen.  

Esteemed Contributor

Be patient. It’s gonna be beautiful. 

Respected Contributor

Please take us through the remodel with pictures, love to watch the progress....  hope all goes as smoothly as possible....

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@Mominohio 

When we remodeled, I just kept telling my husband to imagine the final result.  So hang in there.  I set up a table with coffee pot and toaster in our living room to help us get through the mornings!

By the way, I love the rocker on your deck.Is it Amish made?

@Tennesseegal 

Yes, the rockers are that poly resin stuff, made by the Amish in this area. They aren't cheap, but they really last in the sun and the weather with little fading or decay. I'm just so tired of replacing outdoor furniture. I got the rockers this year, and may get a small table with the cafe type chairs sometime in the future. Not the most cushy and comfortable choice, but just no maintenance, except to wipe the dirt or pollen off. I'm becoming all about the ease of maintenance and something that lasts for years without fuss!

And I know I have been trying to figure how to set up some kind of an eat/cook area somewhere while this is going on. It's only supposed to last a couple of weeks, once it starts, but living out like we do, eating out daily isn't really an option (or an expense I want to take on). I will be making a lot of freezer meals, and just using the microwave to heat things up. Guess we will be doing dishes in the bathtub, and that just sounds back breaking, so I will plan for as little use of dishes during that time as possible. 

Honored Contributor

I did my work last fall.  It was between summer and winter and I was able to turn off the ac so the dust didn't travel through the vents.

I had dust settling for months.  I had the whole house painted and they had to do a lot of dry wall repair and sanding. They did a lot of wet sanding, but it was still one big dust pile.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio 

How exciting for you!

I hope you enjoy the journey (without too many bumps in the road during the remodel.)  I hope you get your new dream kitchen - good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio : Excited for you to see a dream become reality. With our add on and kitchen remodel had to get creative. Put dinning room table and hutch in living room. Had coffee pot, microwave, and toaster. Purchased big packs of paper plates, bowls and napkins. Made allowance in budget to eat out once week for healthy meal. Lived on sandwiches made with can meats like ham spread, Vienna sausages, pbj sandwiches, assorted crackers, fresh fruits like apples, pears etc. Project started in October and finished in March, included adding garage, family room and remodel kitchen. All on our wish list for over 13 years. Southern Bee