Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio.  How are you going to do all of your annual canning with your kitchen in turmoil?

@Kachina624 

That remains to be seen, for sure. I told my husband to plant significantly less, for just this reason. He didn't lol.

It has been so wet and we planted on like June 5th, which is late here, so if we get any harvest at all because of this terrible weather, it will be late, and maybe I'll have my kitchen back by then.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Looking forward to progress reports on your exciting project!  (That green outside is ravishing...)

@Oznell 

So much unending rain here, we have no choice but green!

Ohio had record rainfall in 2018 and this year is so far, worse than last. I just don't know how much more some areas can take. At least 50% of the fields in our general area are empty, and what I do see planted is partially under water, and the corn is so far behind.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Just brace yourself - it's going to be a bump ride.  LOL

Looking forward to seeing the progress!

@Bri369 

Things like this are a real mix of excitement and dread, aren't they?!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Mominohio - you purged a wall!  Impressive!

Best of luck to you with the remodel. 

@gidgetgh 

Now that made me laugh! Of all the stuff I need to purge, I think a wall wasn't the most needed! But hey, I'll take purging credit where I can get it!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Congratulations on your new beginning!  After all our remodeling last year, we are thrilled with the results.  You will be, too.  One little tip:  Despite tarps, there is always fine dust that finds its way all around.  I packed up all decor that I could in rooms surrounding the project going on.  Saved me a lot of grief.  Best of luck!

@PamfromCT 

I"m dreading that fine dust, as we are having just a little bit of dry wall work done, and the cabinets are being built off site, I hope it will be as little as possible. We have an attached garage, and I"m going to insist as much cutting as possible be done out there. 

I have been planning just how to get 'sensitive' stuff upstairs and into closed bedrooms, and just how I might be approaching the whole thing. I know the whole thing is going to be exhausting before it is all over. 

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio  so my heart stopped at "wrote a big check"  😣

@Snowpuppy 

Mine too!

Honored Contributor

I remember when we had our first floor remodeled and put in a summer kitchen. A job that was supposed to be completed in 8 weeks tops, turned into almost 9 months. I was afraid the contractor was not going to finish the job. Thank goodness, all turned out well, although I would never have that contractor do any more work for me. Good luck with your project.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 

saw dr on Monday and even though I'm still experiencing a bit of pain I did the "happy dance" when she gave me the ok to return to normal things, like pool, driving, etc. on a "limited basis".

I will start PT on Monday for 1 month.  Although, I walked the pool for 1 hour each day and it starting to feel better!

Thanks so much for asking! (smile)

homedecor1

Respected Contributor

My sincerest best wishes to you in your journey, even though looking at the photo brings back memories and beads of sweat to my forehead.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait ..stay positive and enjoy the remodel. You will get through it...eventually.