Honored Contributor

Re: And That's What I Like About the South...

@Jaspersmom @millieshops  I tend to agree with you both. While this home is in the south, (South Carolina I believe, if memory serves...), and while it has a southern flavor, this isn't really what I envision as strictly a southern vernacular or an antebellum look... To me, it's more of a somewhat generic sort of federal look that one would likely see in many locations across the county, though the style might well be more represented in the southern states.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

I love, love the kitchen with the possible exception of the chairs at the island. This kitchen could easily be representative of many old stately New England homes that have been updated. So fun to look at.

@nevergivesup  I like the kitchen quite a bit too and while I might not have chosen them, the more I look at them the better I like the counter stools. I especially appreciate that they have backs. I also give the owners bonus points for coordinating the color of the island, which I like, with the cabinets in the adjacent wetbar/butler's pantry. That said, I'm not sold on the backsplash tile in the wetbar.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the exterior!  Most of the  furnishings inside aren't my style. Too much print mixing and too many color combos for me. I like the kitchen though. 👍

Trusted Contributor

YES! A resounding yes to all of it. Charm on the outside and so much great color on the inside. Happy vibes in this home are so infectious.

Thanks @stevieb 

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

The outside of the house is beautiful.

I would have to redecorate the entire inside....the decor is not for me.

@DREAMON I agree 100%....Love the outside, and love the rooms inside, but the decor is definitely not my style, and there are too many patterns going on in each room, so would definitely have to redecorate as well, but love the house! 

Respected Contributor

what a beautiful home.  inside and outside.  just love it. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

Looks a lot like St Charles and the Garden District.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday,  I used to frequently board the streetcar Uptown, then ride down St. Charles, pasted to the window drooling at the architecture scrolling by!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Nonametoday,  I used to frequently board the streetcar Uptown, then ride down St. Charles, pasted to the window drooling at the architecture scrolling by!

@Oznell 

My brother and one of our boys attended Tulane, so I got a nice ride up and down St Charles on occasion.  It was always a pleasure.  I loved the Uptown area where you could find all kinds of neat things and such a mix of residences and stores.  I especially loved all the antique stores in French Quarter. I love, love, love all the antique stores on Royal St but not much there that I could afford although I did purchase a foot basin there that I use for a small plant.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the outside, but the first two rooms look a bit too busy and cluttered to me.