Honored Contributor

Re: And That's What I Like About the South...

@Queen of shop wrote:

YES! A resounding yes to all of it. Charm on the outside and so much great color on the inside. Happy vibes in this home are so infectious.

Thanks @stevieb 

Glad you enjoyed the pictures @Queen of shop  and I agree with you! No, I'd not have opted for all the choices made here, but it's a cheerful, colorful home and certainly a far cry from the seemingly endless neutrals and greys so often featured... Personally, while I'm not seeing so many patterns, I would opt for a different fabric on the love seat in the sun room and I'd not have chosen the wallpaper in the living room. As noted, I'm not all in with the back splash in the butler's pantry, but otherwise, I'll take it... And yes, I love the exuberant orange sofas in the living room!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb I love the old colonial homes here in north Mississippi where I live too!  Up the road in Oxford, MS (home of Ole Miss University) there are some real stunners!!!  If you are ever in this neck of the woods, check some of them out and you will be impressed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boomernichols wrote:

@stevieb I love the old colonial homes here in north Mississippi where I live too!  Up the road in Oxford, MS (home of Ole Miss University) there are some real stunners!!!  If you are ever in this neck of the woods, check some of them out and you will be impressed.

@Boomernichols I'd love to visit and to revisit some of the towns in the Old South, as well as some of the towns in New England, but I guess I don't see travel on the immediate horizon... I'd enjoy seeing Oxford. Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to be able to do so... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

That is one gorgeous home!

Honored Contributor

Love the exterior a lot and like that the sun room actually looks like a sun room. The living room would have to change a little for me but all in all this is a beautiful home.  

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb Yes, yes, a THOUSAND times YES!!!!

Why can't they have homes like this in FLorida instead of the "Taco Bell meets Beach House meets Double Wide" design?!

*heavy sigh*  Beautiful home!!!!!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"