Respected Contributor
Was anyone surprised to hear Amy saying now magical the evening hours are the "moon shines". I was startled to hear this misaccurate commentm. The moon is geologically dead and does not shine. In fact reflected light from the sun illuminates the moon.. There is no nuclear fusion taking place in the Moons core. The moon is old, cold and dead.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy with Bethlehem Lights

I didn’t hear her but possibly she meant the reflected light shining on things.

LOL, or possibly Moonshine.

Honored Contributor

Give the lady a break.  She's a salesperson, not an astronomer.   Moonshine is known in poetry, song and beverage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The moon does look like it shines sometimes.There are of course songs about it-

"Shine on, shine on harvest moon."

I think lots have a wonderful romantic feeling about the moon even if we can appreciate the scientific explanations.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I think she just meant to bring attention to the fact that the moon does seem to shine at night and is enjoyable.

It is a minor detail! Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

No, the comment isn't inaccurate.

It is just Amy making a cute, sweet comment about an enjoyable occurrence.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use that turn of phrase.  Or "moon light".  Moon shine and moon light both have alternate meanings.🌓 

And really, no one else on the planet (it is a planet, right?) says something like "the moon shines brightly tonight" on a fairly routine basis?🌔

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Why do 'we' have to pick apart every little mis-quote or mis-statement or goof?  I don't love Amy but taking care of 2 kids by day and working at night - I would slip up on words more than this Q's host.

The moon is made of green cheese - don't you know?

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever  I think she was speaking metaphorically - as in "Shine on, shine on Harvest moon, up in the sky..." That being said, does anyone think Bethlehem Lights is getting pricey?

Esteemed Contributor

How could anyone find fault with moonlight?  It's perplexing.