Respected Contributor

American Home Tarts by Yankee Candle

[ Edited ]

I just discovered this new line of tarts at Walmart by Yankee Candle and boy are they packing a great scent throw.  The portions are a good size and while I am a lukewarm fan of Yankee Candles, I am a big fan of these new tarts.  

Honored Contributor

Re: American Home by Yankee Candle Tarts

Good to know!

I have noticed that Yankee is really marketing in the lower end stores like Walmart these days.

I was a big Yankee fan, back in the day (80's and 90's) but can't really say that their product is what it once was, and don't buy anymore (umm, and the fact that I have shelves full of unburned candles is a factor as well).

I have to wonder if they are manufacturing cheaper lines for places like Walmart and Kohl's as compared to their own stores and website. Anyone know for sure?

At any rate, I don't use tarts nearly enough, and will be doing so more, to avoid the soot from burning candles, so glad to know about these!

Respected Contributor

Re: American Home Tarts by Yankee Candle

I am disappointed that they don't have more scents for their scenterpiece.  I like it and it is a variation of a tart warmer so get more scents.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio, I had to laught at your shelves of candles.  If you only knew the drawers full of tarts I have waiting to be melted, lol!  These new American Home tarts have an excellent throw & I use tealights for a stronger throw.  Maybe we should have a candle/tart garage sale??  DH would be estatic!

@traveler, I tried those & I didn't get a strong enough throw for my liking. I have a couple of Partylite & Gold Canyon electric melters & I don't use them half as much as I do melting tealights.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Mominohio, I had to laught at your shelves of candles.  If you only knew the drawers full of tarts I have waiting to be melted, lol!  These new American Home tarts have an excellent throw & I use tealights for a stronger throw.  Maybe we should have a candle/tart garage sale??  DH would be estatic!

@traveler, I tried those & I didn't get a strong enough throw for my liking. I have a couple of Partylite & Gold Canyon electric melters & I don't use them half as much as I do melting tealights.  

@BornToShop

Getting ready for a garage sale this summer (cleaning out and setting aside things at this point) and am eyeing those candles, knowing they need to be thinned down greatly.

If I had to make a quick guess, there are probably 50 jar candles, and three times that many votives. I'll never use them all, and many are getting rather old. 

Once the flameless candles came on the scene, I just stopped using regular candles. I'm lucky if I burn through two or three a year now. Used to be many more than that, but I think I need to suck it up and unload!

Honored Contributor

Mom in Ohio-I would love to come to your garage sale-Lol.....

I also bought one of the Scenterpiece Warmers from Yankee Candle, and while I love it, I too wish their were more scents for it, online you can find some nice scents, but I do not live near a Yankee Candle Store, so I wish our Bed, Bath and Beyond sold a few more scents for it........I still burn Scented Candles, but only 100 % Soy ones....... 

Respected Contributor

There is not a Yankee Candle store here either so I agree about Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop, I really need to move into the tart warmer world. Those look like really nice scents.

I don't burn jar candles anymore, but I do still buy them. I have an electric candle crock that holds medium and large jar candles and also a small one that uses votive candles. The votive crock melts down quicker to release the scent but is a bit messier to deal with.

I really like the idea of the Scenterpiece. It sounds like a no mess solution and like the timer feature. I've held off so far because there isn't much of a selection of scents.

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17@traveler & @CANDLEQUEEN, I order quite a bit from Yankee Candle's website & they seem to have an amazing selection.  They have awesome coupon discount codes as well.  I have always had excellent service from them.  I love their candle holders.  These new American Home tarts are fabulous & bet they expand the collection.  

Contributor

Thanks for the headsup on these at walmart.  Have to check them out.

I have two scentwarmers too, but I just use regular votives and cut them up or use the wax from my candles.  You don't have to buy the scentwarmer little cups, you can use any wax after you buy the regular scentwarmer cups and reuse them.