Honored Contributor

Re: Although it can be a bit stark, I just love this Industrial Loft style...

Gerard Butler"s NY loft:

Honored Contributor

When they renovate old factories, you get this kind of look. Interesting, but no thank you.

Honored Contributor

I love industrial lofts but imagine they'd be expensive to heat and cool.  That would give me pause were I considering  one.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@faeriemoon  I love the look and idea of the lofts.  However, when I was looking for a house about 12 years ago, I considered some of the lofts along the river in my neighboring town.  However, when I looked them up online one of the first Google searches came up with "Top 10 Haunted Places in Georgia!"   I told myself I don't really believe in ghosts but it might be different if I head a noise in there alone at 3:00 am!  

Smiley Very Happy  

@Roni18  I don't blame you!!  I wouldn't go near anything rumored to be haunted!!!

Honored Contributor

I've seen something similar before and did not really care for it, but I like this setting.

Honored Contributor

It looks like my orthopedic surgeon's waiting room.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  

To see my current home you would think not, but actually I’m drawn to them.   Don’t care for the all white look.

Do  like the old brick & wood, like seeing into the heart of the building.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@faeriemoon  

To see my current home you would think not, but actually I’m drawn to them.   Don’t care for the all white look.

Agree!!  I like the "darker" ones better too!  But I do like some of the light ones, and they are probably easier to incorporate into homes that are not lofts and warehouses.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@faeriemoon  

Agree!!  I like the "darker" ones better too!  But I do like some of the light ones, and they are probably easier to incorporate into homes that are not lofts and warehouses.

@faeriemoon

I hadn’t thought of it that way ... humm.  Well, ... no way I could incorporate either into my current home.  But if I started anew the furniture & art I’ve collected would only work in the darker style.  Would love to try and stage one with my things.  What fun!

Thanks for starting the post.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras